Special Education (Learning Disabilities)
Special Education (ED)
School / Org:
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
No. of Positions:
Saturday, 12 July 2014
Open Until Filled
Oklahoma City Public Schools is seeking highly qualified applicants for the following position:
2014-2015 Special Education - Secondary - ED/LD Teacher
Location: Rogers Middle
Provide students with learning activities and experiences
designed to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth.
Enable students to develop competencies and skills to be productive members of society.
Ensure opportunities for students to attain information,
knowledge, and attitudes necessary for a smooth transition from grade to grade, school to school and ultimately school to life.
Highly Qualified in Assigned area(s); Knowledge of Content Area; General Curriculum and Instruction Knowledge; Physical Ability to Perform the Tasks of the Assignment; Willingness to Execute the Written Employment Contract.
Education: Bachelor's Degree/Master Degree
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.:
Oklahoma State Department of Education Teacher Certification with required Endorsements for Subject/Grade Level.
1. Satisfy the expectations of the Oklahoma Minimum Criteria for Effective Teaching Performance and the Standards of Performance and Conduct for
2. Demonstrates a high level of commitment to the teaching profession.
3. Presents a positive role model for students that supports the mission of the school district.
4. Demonstrates skills promoting effective communications in a variety of ways.
5. Develops and maintains a classroom environment conducive to learning.
6. Implements the district's curriculum as indicated by the scope and sequence, and shows written evidence of preparation as required.
7. Presents the content required in Oklahoma?s Priority Academic Student Skills.
8. Communicates high expectations through words and actions.
9. Plans and delivers instructional/learning strategies and activities designed to meet the individual interests, needs, and abilities of each student.
10. Engages students in their own learning by setting up situations for cooperative learning and/or establishing activities to encourage students to work together.
11. Supplements teaching with technology, materials, and equipment.
12. Evaluates student learning by using frequent and ongoing formal and informal assessments and adjusts instruction and curriculum based on results.
13. Diagnoses the learning needs of students on a regular basis and seeks the assistance of the District specialists as required.
14. Prepares lesson plans that are student centered, and that reflect individual accommodations through differentiated instruction.
15. Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, District policy, and administrative regulations.
16. Cooperates and works with other staff members in planning and implementing instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to site, district, and state
17. Attends and participates in staff meetings and serves on staff committees and work sessions as required.
18. Maintains a professional relationship with all colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
19. Schedules time outside the instructional day for the purpose of meeting students and parents on issues related to student performance or conduct when requested or
20. Exhibits stability and objectivity in decision-making.
21. Keeps the principal informed with respect to status and needs of the classroom, as well as new techniques and materials being used.
22. Plans and oversees purposeful tasks/assignments for teacher aide(s) and/or volunteers, and evaluates their performance in cooperation with the appropriate
23. Ensures the Student's Code of Conduct is implemented and followed.
24. Demonstrates sensitivity to the needs of students and provides for their safety and well being.
25. Provides for the maintenance and upkeep of equipment, materials, and facilities.
26. Promotes professional improvement through reading educational journals and books, exploring scientifically based educational research, participating in professional growth activities, and membership in professional organizations.
27. Implements new ideas, practices and procedures when beneficial to student growth and progress.
28. Performs related tasks of the job.
Customer Contacts: Students, Parents, Building Administrators, Central Office Administrators and Staff
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Oklahoma City Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Oklahoma. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Oklahoma City Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job