Chesterfield County Schools invites applications for the following position:
Please note this is a “continuous recruit position” to build an applicant pool for all schools. As positions are available, all qualified applicants with complete application files will be considered.
Plans, delivers and evaluates instruction based upon specific standards and objectives established by CCPS. Assists students in learning knowledge and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able and responsible citizens.
• Positions may range from 1 class to 3 classes.
• Actual schedule varies by location.
• Minimum annual salary is $8,055.
Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Plans and delivers appropriate curriculum content to students.
• Plans, teaches and assesses writing.
• Assesses students’ learning on an ongoing basis and alters instruction to meet group/individual needs.
• Uses the curriculum of the district to plan daily instructional activities.
• Maintains order within the classroom setting in accordance with division guidelines regarding student behavior management.
• Supervises students in non-classroom time (before school, after school, student activities, fire drills).
• Collaborates with other faculty in planning and delivering instruction to students.
• Communicates regularly with parents.
• Ensures compliance with existing applicable federal and state statutes and local policies, regulations and guidelines related to public schools.
• Demonstrates commitment to improving professional competence.
• Performs other duties as established by School Board Policy.
• Performs other duties as needed.
Requires knowledge of the concepts, principals and methodologies of instruction as well as general knowledge of academic curriculum for assigned classes.
Demonstrated ability to develop instructional goals to design and deliver instruction and to assess students’ learning.
Demonstrated ability to communicate with others effectively, both orally and in writing.
Demonstrated ability in decision making, problem analysis, conflict resolution, interpersonal relationships, and planning.
• Minimum of 18 years of age.
• Possession of a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accepted institution.
• Possession of the requirements for the applicable teacher license.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Chesterfield County Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Virginia. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Chesterfield County Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job