Indianapolis Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Middle School Mathematics Teacher 2017-18
Location or Department: Arsenal Technical High School
Job Summary: The teacher will plan, carry out, evaluate, and supervise instructional activities in mathematics for groups and individual middle school and/or high school students. These teachers will also advise students in community internships, work experience, and academic activities.
License: Must hold valid Indiana State Teacher's License in Secondary Mathematics, or be eligible for license.
Experience: Extensive training in and knowledge of current math instructional techniques – Demonstrated effective teaching and computer skills – Experience with high school students. Preferred experience teaching Algebra for End of Course Assessment.
Major Responsibilities: - Work with other teachers to develop and organize a technology-based, project-based, team-taught integrated humanities curriculum that meets state, district, and school standards.
- Use rubric-based authentic assessment methods to evaluate student progress and adapt individual programs to meet student needs.
- Maintain current and complete online records, projects, calendars, journals, and portfolios, and submit reports promptly.
- Post syllabus, projects/lessons, and grades online to be accessible to students, parents, and community.
- Maintain a classroom environment consistent with established codes of conduct and conducive to positive learning.
- Establish and maintain excellent rapport with students, parents, staff members, and community members.
- Work cooperatively with other personnel to improve instructional programs and the overall operation of the school.
- Supervise classroom aides and volunteers effectively, when appropriate.
- Attend and participate in required in-service activities and assist in planning and conducting such activities.
- Communicate electronically with students, parents, and other staff members concerning student academic progress, attendance, and behavior.
- Participate in all meetings called by supervisor(s), consistent with the current employer/employee agreement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Indianapolis Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Indiana. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Indianapolis Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job