Indianapolis Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Location or Department: Robert Lee Frost
Job Summary: Work collaboratively with District Curriculum Director, Building Administrator, and teachers to build a strong elementary music program.
Education: Bachelor's Degree required in Music Education
License: Must hold valid Indiana State Teacher's License in K – 8 Music or be able to receive a valid Indiana license
Experience: - Required experience includes: Classroom experience teaching Music in a K-6 setting
- Preferred experience and skills:
- Minimum 3 yrs. teaching experience
- Support multi-cultural, racial, gender, and economic diversity and an international focus within the curriculum
- Ability to work in an inclusive environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of audiences
- Develop and write curriculum proficiently in collaboration with peers
- Evaluation of students using alternative forms of assessment
- Use interdisciplinary curriculum to provide appropriate and motivating educational experiences
Major Responsibilities: - Deliver content that meets state standards and use of best practice strategies
- Maintain a model classroom environment supportive of student inquiry and music discovery
- Actively encourage parent involvement in the educational program
- Become an active member in the school community by attending conferences, collaborating and participating in District programs.
- Participate ain professional development opportunities, professional learning communities, grade level meetings, subject level meetings, and school wide committees
- Communicate with all shareholders (students, parents, teachers, administrators, district personnel) regarding student achievement, course syllabus and scope and sequence (pacing), policies, classroom activities and opportunities, and current progress of the programs via meetings, letters, and submission of articles to school newsletters and additional publications
- Facilitate presentations, productions, competitions, events and/or activities as appropriate that showcase student learning and achievement
- Additional duties as assigned by the Principal
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Indianapolis Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Indiana. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Indianapolis Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job