English as a Second Language
School / Org:
North High School
No. of Positions:
Tuesday, 12 September 2017
Open Until Filled
Wichita Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
ESOL - Biology Teacher
Location: North High School
Position Function: Teaches and facilitates learning and maintains academic progress, discipline, and records for students at the high school grade level. Works with parents and students to provide and implement classroom education to meet the needs of all students.
Essential Performance Responsibilities: - Provides direct instruction and facilitates student learning using current best practices and strategies in one or more subjects such as English, mathematics, science, social studies, etc.
- Establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units and projects, and communicate those objectives to students, parents, and peers as appropriate
- Creates effective lesson plans to guide daily instruction
- Collaborates and communicates with staff to meet the educational needs of students
- Creates, administers, and grades tests/assessments to evaluate student progress
- Establishes and enforces rules and procedures which help to maintain order in the classroom to create a learning environment for all students
- Observes, evaluates, and prepares reports on the progress of students. Discusses students’ concerns and progress with parents and staff. Maintains district provided electronic gradebook.
- Participates in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops
- Prepares classroom instructions to promote students’ success in provided curriculum and on district, state and national assessments
- Observes, enforces and is directed by the policies, rules, and regulations adopted by the school district
- Work with Special Education or ESOL teacher to ensure appropriate modifications are being implemented in the classroom
- Completes all required reports as identified by building principal or school district
- Provides supervision in common areas to support school and district mission and goals
Additional Duties: Assists with additional duties as assigned by supervisors.
Equipment: This position may require the ability to use SMART boards and iPads in addition to basic office equipment such as computers, copiers, scanners, and fax machine. Must always comply with USD 259’s guidelines for equipment use.
Travel: Limited travel may be required.
Physical and Mental Demands: - As outlined in on-site job analysis for Secondary Teacher
- Must be able to respond rapidly in emergency situations
- Must have organization, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Work in school building environments
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: - Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students
- Ability to maintain a classroom of students
- Ability and patience to work interactively with students
- Skill in organization, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deliver teaching instruction in accordance with improved curriculum and standards
- Excellent skills in verbal and written communication
- Ability to understand the individual needs of each student
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Outlook and the student information system
- Displays a significant degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to conform to proper standards of professional dress and appearance
- Knowledge of company's mission, purpose, goals and the role of every employee in achieving each of them
Interrelations: - Contact with personnel within the district and with customers and vendors
- Will be working under the direct supervision of the department supervisor in order to complete day to day tasks
- Will be working with a diverse population requiring the ability to handle all situations with tact and diplomacy
- Must understand and respond appropriately to customer needs and maintain a positive attitude with all customers and colleagues
- Expected to interact with all internal and external customers in a friendly, professional manner and provide quick, responsive customer service
Employee Punctuality and Appearance: • In order for schools to operate effectively, employees are expected to perform all assigned duties and work all scheduled hours during each designated workday, unless the employee has received approved leave.
• Any deviation from assigned hours must have prior approval from the employee’s supervisor or building administrator.
• All employees are required to report to work dressed in a manner that reflects a positive image of USD 259 and is appropriate for their position.
Qualification Profile: - Current Kansas State teaching license with an endorsement in ESOL
- Classroom teaching experience preferred
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in related discipline applicable to teaching assignment
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Wichita Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Kansas. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Wichita Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job