Licenses: Must hold valid Indiana Teacher's License in Elementary AND Mild Interventions or EH.
Required Experience: Must have working knowledge of state standards, general education curriculum, IEP's, behavioral interventions, and IPS curriculum framework – Excellent organization and communication skills –– Able to adapt material.
Major Responsibilities: • Commit to implement Differentiation instruction, including Three Tier Instruction, whole group and flexible small grouping of students.
Administer frequent assessments to evaluate students' continuous progress.
Analyze data – evaluate student work and assessment data to make instructional adjustments (error pattern analysis), evaluate social growth, keep appropriate records, and prepare progress reports.
• Analyze classroom literacy strengths and weaknesses to formulate plans for improvement of student achievement in reading.
• Work collaboratively with other alternative education staff.
• Prepare rigorous, engaging lessons and other instructional materials to meet the individual needs of all students
• Provide direct, explicit comprehension instruction.
• Attend all professional development, including training that may occur during the summer.
• Maintain control that is conducive to classroom and playground safety.
• Hold parent conferences regarding academic achievement and behavioral issues.
• Keep attendance and grade records as required by the school.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities related to monitoring students' behavior and activities in the classroom, on the playground, and during school events.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Indianapolis Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Indiana. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Indianapolis Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job