Shelby County Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Federal Programs Supervisor
Location: Central Office
Starting Date: 9/22/17
Qualifications: 1. Master's degree or above.
2. Certification in administration and/or supervision.
3. Minimum of five years successful teaching experience.
4. Supervisory experience preferable.
5. Experience with Title I and other federal programs preferable.
6. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Reports To: Assistant Superintendent of Instruction and Superintendent
Supervises: Title I Personnel in cooperation with Principals, ESL Program Area Specialist, Homeless Program Area Specialist, and Lead Reading Recovery Teacher
Job Goal: To provide effective leadership in the implementation of federal, state, and local programs and activities.
Performance Responsibilities: 1. Provide leadership and assistance in the continuous development and evaluation of the system's Title I program and other federal programs as assigned.
2. Work with teachers and principals to assure sound instructional programs in assigned areas.
3. Promote the improvement of education achievement for students.
4. Recommend resources and research which will assist teachers in their instructional duties.
5. Assist in the selection and provision of appropriate teaching and learning materials.
6. Keep informed about current trends and practices and disseminate such information.
7. Assist in the planning and providing programs of professional development based on needs of students and personnel.
8. Interpret the system's Title I and other specific programs to the public and create good will for the program.
9. Help the teachers develop techniques for working with individual parents and parent groups.
10. Prepare and submit the Title I and other budgets as assigned.
11. Administer assigned programs as approved by the Board and directed by the Superintendent in accordance with federal regulations.
12. Attend required Title I and other meetings and conferences.
13. Prepare required reports.
14. Disseminate information concerning federal programs to other system leaders whose programs involve such funding.
15. Supervise Education for the Homeless Program.
16. Supervise Reading Recovery Program.
17. Supervise ESL Programs.
18. Serve on committees and attend such meetings as requested.
19. Assist with the system-wide testing program.
20. Assist with academic competitions as requested.
21. Assist in the observation and evaluation process of appropriate personnel as directed.
22. Assist when requested in the recruitment, orientation, and training of new teachers.
23. Be regular and punctual in attendance.
24. Maintain confidentiality of any Board of Education related business.
25. Perform other duties as might be reasonably assigned.
Terms of Employment: Annual contract. Salary according to appropriate placement on Supervisor salary schedule. Exempt employee
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Shelby County Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Alabama. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Shelby County Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job