Shelby County Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Virtual School Counselor - Part Time
Location: Virtual School
Purpose and Scope: 1. Establish a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
2. Plan, prepare, and implement instructional activities to meet the needs of students with varying backgrounds, learning styles or special needs.
3. Identify, select, create, and modify instructional resources.
4. Be available to assist students via phone, computer, and email.
5. Assist in assessing changing curricular needs and develop plans for improvement.
6. Provide individual and/or small group instruction to meet student needs.
7. Meet course goals and contribute to the achievement of district-wide goals.
8. Evaluate student progress and demonstrate gains in student performance.
9. Maintain effective and efficient record keeping procedures.
10. Communicate effectively and regularly, orally and in writing, with students, parents and other stakeholders and respond to any correspondence as evidenced in log.
11. Assist with screening, evaluating, and recommending interventions for students.
12. Complete reports, collect data, and provide information for monitoring of program and student performance.
13. Participate in school activities including, but not limited to team meetings, staff development, student outreach activities and events, home visits, presentations, and instructional tutoring.
14. Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and maintaining current and timely records including weekly student/parent contact records.
15. Grade all assignments within a 48 hour period and enter grades in Blackboard in a timely manner and maintain accurate grade books
16. Create teaching videos for students (To be archived online)
17. Enter grades in Power School SMS at marking periods
18. Performs duties related to activities required to ensure accurate and timely submission of data
19. Other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions: The position is responsible for organizing and implementing an instructional program in accordance with Shelby County Schools and state policies and laws that results in students achieving academic success. The incumbent is required to work collaboratively to plan, prepare and implement instructional activities to engage and facilitate student success in a virtual environment. The incumbent is expected tracks and analyzes student performance data and develops learning plans, using resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles and special needs.
Minimum Qualifications: Graduated from an accredited college or university with Bachelor's degree. Valid Tennessee professional teacher's license. Minimum of two (2) years of successful classroom experience.
Degree Equivalency Formula:
Bachelor's Degree= 4 years plus required years of experience.
Master's Degree= 2 years plus required years of experience. Where Master's degrees are required, years for Bachelor's Degrees must be included.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of the functions of the school division and its operating procedures
Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
Ability to coordinate multiple priorities
Ability to operate a computer and use appropriate software applications and peripheral office equipment
Demonstrated proficiency in math English, grammar, spelling, and punctuation
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Shelby County Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Tennessee. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Shelby County Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job