Minneapolis Public Schools invites applications for the following position(s)
Teacher, ESL (2017-2018 Candidate Pool)
Site: Davis Center (0001)
Provide quality instruction aligned to the state and national standards. Use a variety of assessment strategies - diagnostic, formative and summative, to inform instructional decisions and increase student self-management of learning. Rigorous inquiry-based learning tasks engage students in deep content of the discipline as well as the habits of scholarship. May be required to work as a member of the campus STEM team to ensure quality integrated instruction across disciplines.
* Conduct ongoing formal and informal assessment of students English Language Proficiency Levels.
* Prepare and conduct lessons for student whose English language skills range from beginning to advance using appropriate materials and techniques in order to meet Minnesota English Language Proficiency Standards.
* Collaborate with regular education teachers to plan curriculum and jointly support content learning.
* Collaborate with school staff and leadership concerning the development, implementation and evaluation of best practices and instructional strategies for ELL students to attain high academic achievement according to District and State Standards.
* Facilitate the process of exiting students from the ELL program.
Education Training and Experience
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university.
* Prior successful experience student teaching or teaching in an urban, multicultural education setting.
*Demonstrated continued professional development through course work, research, peer collaboration and/or job-embedded staff development.
* Master's or PhD preferred.
* A valid Minnesota teaching license; or proof of pending approved licensure.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Minneapolis Public School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Minnesota. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Minneapolis Public School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job