Minneapolis Public Schools invites applications for the following position(s)
Teacher, Special Education
Site: Stadium View (0685)
Stadium View School is a Minneapolis Public School that provides educational services for students detained at the Hennepin County Juvenile Detention Center or Hennepin County Adult Detention Center. Nationally recognized for its ability to effectively drive student performance and continuous improvement in education, Stadium View School became the 2nd school in a detention center to become nationally accredited by AdvancED.
We are looking for a Special Education Teacher to provide quality instruction aligned to the state and national standards. The incumbent will be responsible for using a variety of assessment strategies - diagnostic, formative and summative - to inform instructional decisions and increase student self-management of learning. She or he will also be responsible for providing rigorous inquiry-based learning tasks to engage students in deep content of the discipline as well as the habits of scholarship. Working as a member of the campus STEM team to ensure quality integrated instruction across disciplines may also be required.
* Have a working knowledge of and implement the Minnesota State Standards and the District Graduation Requirements; knowledge of the subject matter, classroom management techniques, current researched best practices and strategies, as well as students' learning styles and needs, both academic and affective.
* Teach students the required curricula using strategies that foster thinking, reasoning and problem solving.
* Collaborate with peers to develop, plan and implement best practices based on the needs/abilities of the students.
* Assess students' developmental, cognitive and social needs and provide developmentally appropriate instruction to meet those needs.
* Create lessons and learning environments that are safe, respectful and interesting as well as multicultural/gender and ability fair/developmentally appropriate.
* Collaborate and communicate regularly with families in making educational decisions and use family and community resources to support learning.
Acquire knowledge of the goals of the Minneapolis Public School District Improvement Agenda and site/school goals. Work to support and achieve those goals.
* Assess own instructional effectiveness through the Professional Development Process (PDP). Participate in ongoing and regular staff, team and individual professional development.
Education and Experience Guidelines
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university.
* Prior successful experience student teaching or teaching in an urban, multicultural education setting.
* Demonstrated continued professional development through course work, research, peer collaboration and/or job-embedded staff development.
* Master's or PhD preferred.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
A valid Minnesota teaching license in Special Education; or proof of pending approved licensure. A valid Minnesota license in Specific Learning Disabilities is preferred.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Minneapolis Public School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Minnesota. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Minneapolis Public School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job