Santa Fe Public Schools are currently accepting applications for the following position(s):
2017-2018 SY - Speech and Language Pathologist
To work in collaboration with other schools staff in the prevention or rehabilitation of communication disorders that interfere with the individual students ability to derive full benefit from the District's educational program.
Responsibilities: • Cooperates in the development and implementation of the District program of instruction, as applicable to communication disorders.
• Assists and guides teachers and other staff members in preventing and/or observing, describing and referring suspected and identified speech, language and hearing impairments.
• Provides in-service education and serves as a consultant to teachers and school staff members on topics related to communication disorders.
• Provides education on speech-language development, disorders and delays to school staff.
• Develops case management programs that reflect individual needs, interests and abilities that meet the requirements of student Individual Educational Program goals.
• Creates recommendations for educational staff that will assist students in overcoming communication difficulties.
• Establishes and maintains standards of appropriate student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere.
• Provides speech-language assessments and evaluates student progress on a regular basis and provides reports.
• Participates in Individual Educational Program meetings as requested.
• Assists in making appropriate referrals to agencies and specialists.
• Establishes and maintains open lines of communication with parents concerning their student's program.
• Creates an environment conducive to learning appropriate to the age, maturity and abilities of the students.
• Provides therapy and instruction to individuals and groups at the times and locations designated.
• Provides additional duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications: • Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology or Communication Disorders.
• Completed necessary clinical practicum as part of the Master's degree.
• Possesses (or is qualified to possess) a valid New Mexico Speech Pathology license from the Speech-Language/Audiology and Hearing Aid Dispensing Board. License must be renewed annually.
• New graduates must pass a national exam in Speech-Language Pathology or Communication Disorders within one year and be supervised for no less the nine months full time and complete clinical fellowship within a period of 36 consecutive months.
• Must comply with the SLP/Audiology Hearing Aid Dispensing Board's rules and regulations regarding requirements as a Speech-Language Pathologist
• Bilingual in Spanish/English is preferred
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Santa Fe Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of New Mexico. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Santa Fe Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job