Santa Fe Public Schools are currently accepting applications for the following position(s):
2017-2018 SY - Special Education-Gifted Teacher
General Function: SFPS has embarked on a multi-year plan to transform our special education services to all special education students including gifted. Initiatives include intensive teacher training and support, 1-1 assistive technology, and state of the art digital and curriculum resources. We have a core group of Support Specialists who provide individualized support to schools including: IEP process, progress monitoring, behavior consults, assistive technology, and pragmatic social and communication skill building. If you are an energetic, life-long learner committed to bringing special education services into the 21st century, please apply for one of our district positions.
Work Environment This position will provide direct instruction to each student according to IEP goals and objectives. This position will require working with site based staff.
Required Bachelor’s Degree with Gifted Endorsement for the State of New Mexico, knowledge of special education and students with disabilities, background in and understanding of Gifted Education.
Specific Skills Preferred • Ability to instruct, motivate, and solve problems with co-workers and students, teachers, principals, and families
• Experience with special populations
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with students, teachers, providers, and parents
• Leadership skills that support program objectives
• Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines
• Strong oral presentation skills
• Strong customer relations skills
• Strong computer skills
• Effective teaching skills
• Strong report-writing skills
Responsibilities • Instruct gifted students according to the area or areas of each individual student’s gifted identification.
• Follow state guidelines and regulations dealing with gifted education, monitor compliance with School Board policies and regulations.
• Follow the department’s gifted program goals, objectives, programs and practices and work with administrators, instructional personnel, and parents.
• Will serve as the case manager for gifted identified students and write goals and objectives and complete the Individualized Education Plan for each student.
• Assist with the identification of gifted students: assessment, testing, collecting data, and eligibility.
• Have knowledge of best instructional practices in helping all students achieve high standards.
• Attend IEP Meetings.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Santa Fe Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of New Mexico. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Santa Fe Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job