Shelby County Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Bus Driver / Pump Operator
Location: Elvin Hill Elementary School
Starting Date: Immediately
Additional Job Information: Bus Driver / Pump Operator at Elvin Hill Elementary
Qualifications: 1. High school graduate or equivalent (GED) and academic competency in basic skills.
2. Valid Alabama (Class B or above) Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with a passenger and school bus endorsement.
3. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board of Education may find appropriate and acceptable.
Reports To: Transportation Coordinator
Job Goal: To provide for the safe transportation of students.
Performance Responsibilities: 1. Observe all traffic laws, safety regulations, policies, and procedures regarding school buses in accordance with Federal, State, and local government agencies, and the policies of the Shelby County Board of Education.
2. Demonstrates the ability to work with school age children.
3. Keep a professional appearance and perform duties in a manner that will promote good public relations.
4. Ability to remain both drug and alcohol free in the workplace and be subject to random drug and alcohol testing according to SCBOE policy.
5. Be regular and punctual in attendance and follow correct procedure for signing in daily and securing substitutes.
6. Maintains appropriate student management and reports student incidents to the appropriate supervisors.
7. Cooperate with the principal, Transportation Coordinator, and parents to solve discipline problems.
8. Conduct bus evacuation drills in accordance with approved procedure.
9. Transport authorized passengers only, follow the assigned time schedule, and route.
10. Discharge students at authorized stops only.
11. Keeps assigned bus clean by daily sweeping and periodic washing.
12. Maintains effective communication with supervisors through the daily use of communication devices provided by SCBOE.
13. Check bus before and after each operation for mechanical defects, unattended students, and any items left on the bus.
14. Notify proper authority in case of mechanical failure and/or late arrival.
15. Keep bus properly fueled at all times.
16. Report all accidents, vehicle damage, and student injuries immediately should they occur.
17. Complete and submit all required reports and documentation in a timely manner.
18. Maintains and implements the established rules and procedures for transportation.
19. Maintain confidentiality of any school system business.
20. Maintain proper and professional relationship with students and other employees.
21. Assume other transportation related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Physical Abilities and Requirements: • Must successfully pass the DOT Medical Exam Report or the Alabama School Bus Driver Examination Report once every two years.
• Must be able to successfully complete SHELBY COUNTY SCHOOLS’ SCHOOL BUS DRIVER PHYSICAL PERFORMANCE TEST
Terms of Employment: At appropriate salary schedule. Non-exempt employee.
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Shelby County Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Alabama. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Shelby County Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job