Shelby County Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Bus Aide - Special Education
Location: Oak Mountain High School
Starting Date: 9/22/17
Additional Job Information: Bus Aide - Special Ed at Oak Mountain High
Qualifications: 1. High school graduate or equivalent (GED) and Academic competency in basic skills.
2. Valid Alabama driver’s license
3. Good physical and emotional health, including ability to lift and restrain students of varying age levels and sizes.
4. Participation in pre-service and in-service bus driver training program.
5. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board of Education may find appropriate and acceptable
Reports To: Principal and Transportation Coordinator
Job Goal: To maintain the safe conduct of students to and from school and to aid the bus driver as needed.
Performance Responsibilities: 1. Ensure safety of students by:
a. buckling them in their seats and securing wheelchairs before bus starts
b. keeping them seated and under control during transportation
c. assisting them with crossing the street
d. assisting them during loading and unloading, at home and at school
e. escorting them to the responsible adult at school.
2. Account for students' personal belongings and messages.
3. Assist bus driver with keeping updated file of students assigned to bus.
4. Familiarize self with and uses:
a. assistance request forms
b. safety equipment located on bus
c. emergency procedures
d. bus route and pick-up points
e. wheelchair lift and locking equipment.
5. Deal with emergency physical problems during loading, transporting and unloading.
6. Notify school officials of unusual events or behaviors.
7. Cooperate with school staff in special requests concerning handling behaviors, physical management, etc.
8. Contact and obtain acceptable substitute when absent.
9. Understand and assist in upholding system rules, policies, and procedures.
10. Respect the confidentiality of information pertaining to students and staff and the school system.
11. Be regular and punctual in attendance.
12. Follow correct procedure for signing in daily and securing substitutes.
13. Maintain proper and professional relationship with students and other employees.
14. Perform duties in a manner that will promote good public relations.
15. Assume other transportation-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Physical Abilities and Requirements: • Must successfully pass the DOT Medical Exam Report once every two years.
• Must be able to successfully complete SHELBY COUNTY SCHOOLS’ SCHOOL BUS DRIVER PHYSICAL PERFORMANCE TEST
Terms of Employment: At appropriate salary schedule. Non-exempt employee.
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Shelby County Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Alabama. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Shelby County Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job