Shelby County Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Grant Management and Compliance Director
Location: Federal Programs
Purpose and Scope: Works under limited direction to direct the grant management, compliance, accounting, and operations under the State and Federal Programs. Responsible for ensuring effective and efficient fiscal operations for compliance of state and federal grants. Leads pre-award administration, organization, preparation and post-award administration of state and federal grants. Works collaboratively to ensure appropriate development, implementation, oversight, budgeting, and monitoring of grants with regards to local, state, and federal compliance requirements and the overall Districtís strategic priorities. Serves as a recognized expert on state and federal requirements, including those which are programmatic, administrative, legal, compliance, and financial.
Essential Job Functions: 1. Works collaboratively with the Chiefs, Directors, and Managers to formulate targets and goals for productivity, cost management, quality, and provides input on system-wide policy development as it relates to state and federal grants assuring program compliance with district, state and federal laws, rules, and regulations.
2. Directs and oversees all delegated state and federal grants management, accounting, and compliance functions regularly, dealing with a variety of problems that arise on a daily basis. Reviews and approves expenditures (particularly those that are major or unusual) of state and federal grant funds. Assists the District in determining funds available and timing of Human Resources changes to ensure continued support for grant-funded employees. Prepares internal and external financial reports and review account receivables.
3. Maintains a working knowledge of grant regulations, changes or relevant information, including funding allocations, processes, laws, and new rules and regulations by reading publications and federal/state guidelines. Analyzes legislation to determine the effect on the districtís finances, operations, and grant management.
4. Supervises, coordinates, and performs a full range of professional accounting duties related to fiscal grants management such as ensuring compliance with all applicable state and federal accounting and financial reporting requirements; supervises and assists, as needed, with daily accounting operations, including cash receipts, disbursements and accruals, and the like, operating within State accounting system; performing various cash management functions, including cash flow projections, draw down of federal grant funds, etc.; prepares a variety of regular and special internal accounting/financial statements and reports for staff, the Superintendent, and the Board.
5. Serves as the primary liaison with the Accounting and Financial Reporting Department to establish, maintain, and finalize required fiscal procedures. Provides leadership and assists with the development, implementation, evaluation, and audit of grants managed by the Grants and Federal Programs office.
6. Plans and implements training on federal program compliance and regulations for central and regional office staff, principals, and public and/or private school administrators to ensure that program needs and guidelines are met. Develops program handbooks, revises guidelines, and provides updates of federal guidelines in accordance with various grant regulations, rules, and requirements as well as organizational needs.
7. Coordinates the preparation and submission of federal grants applications, including budget preparation, completion of certifications, compiling of all materials, ensuring compliance with all requirements, communicating with federal grants officials regarding questions or problems; coordinates awarding of grants to sub-grantees; monitors sub-grantee reporting and issue payments; verifies monthly financial reports, prepare summary spreadsheets, authorize payments, verifies issuance of checks; compile sub-grantee financial data into composite reports to federal granting agencies; and initiates the draw of federal funds.
Executes the responsibilities according to lawful and ethical standards. Uses appropriate judgment and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles.
8. Supervises duties of direct reports so as to effectively recruit, train, direct, motivate, delegate, monitor, and evaluate their activities. Provides direction to subordinates to ensure targets and goals are met.
9. Directs the preparation and maintenance of a variety of narrative and statistical reports, records, correspondence, and files related to assigned service, activities, and operations; provides for appropriate research and compiles reports, as needed.
10. Directs and manages fiscal operations of State and Federal Programs; oversees and approves program expenditures and prepares financial forms and reports. Develops and modifies policies/procedures/systems in accordance with organizational needs and objectives, as well as government regulations.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
Minimum Qualifications: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelorís degree in Education, Business Administration, Finance, or related subject; Plus, seven (7) years of related budget/financial experience; OR an equivalent combination of related education/experience totaling eleven (11) years. (PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED).
Degree Equivalency Formula:
Bachelorís Degree= 4 years plus required years of experience.
Masterís Degree= 2 years plus required years of experience. Where Masterís degrees are required, years for Bachelorís Degrees must be included.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: - Strong knowledge and understanding of EDGAR regulations, including those originating with the OMB Uniform Grants Guidance.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills, with the ability to swiftly and accurately understand complex data and perform analysis.
- Skill in developing data-supported solutions and using fact-based logic; ability to translate complex analysis in easy-to-understand manner and present to a broad audience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and strong ability to build trusted internal and external relationships.
- Outstanding leadership skills and ability to build high-performing teams through both recruitment and selection and professional development.
- Ability to tackle the operational challenges of the merged school district in a complex, changing political and educational environment.
- Ability to manage daily administrative tasks without losing sight of long-term goals and planning.
- Outstanding project management skills to manage multiple projects.
- Strong financial and accounting skills to appropriately conduct financial recording, financial reporting, and implementing operational controls in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) fiscal policies and procedures
Physical Requirements and Working Environment: Physical Demands: Requires sedentary work involving standing or walking for brief periods, exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a regular basis; and some dexterity in operating office equipment; must be able to use hands and fingers for sign language.
Unavoidable Hazards: The position is exposed to no unusual environmental hazards.
Sensory (ADA) Requirements: The position requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing and speaking abilities.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Shelby County Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Tennessee. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Shelby County Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job