Kent School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Teacher, Special Ed Integrated Program .3 FTE - JC1713
Jenkins Creek Elementary, located approximately one-half mile east of Covington (just off Kent-Kangley Road), opened in 1987 with an enrollment of 450. We currently have approximately 425 students, with regular education classes, ELL, special education resource rooms, a Behavior Learning Support Program, and an Adaptive Support Center. Jenkins Creek maintains a strong sense of community and prides itself on student success, with students, staff and parents working closely together to achieve academic growth and a feeling of importance. Jenkins Creek has an energetic and involved PTSA.
ASSIGNMENT: Our integrated program is specially designed instruction within general education classes. Candidate will plan, coordinate and provide services for students, parents and staff to assess and improve the effectiveness of education within the Kent School District; work with staff, families and/or agencies to develop needed service options; cooperate with the special education director, principals, staff members and community in implementation of a comprehensive instructional program for special needs students.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This position is part of the KEA bargaining unit.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Appropriate Washington State teaching certification with appropriate endorsements required (must include Special Education) and must be on file prior to beginning work.
2. Ability and willingness to provide medical or health services such as catheterization, diapering, toileting, feeding, tube feeding and assisting students with other activities involving self-care, which may be required.
1. Bachelorís or masterís degree with major/minor in special education
2. ELL endorsement
3. Thorough knowledge of special education laws and the ability to plan, implement and evaluate individualized programs for students.
4. Background/experience in team teaching (in-class and pull-out models) and be willing to work with high needs students.
5. Ability to establish rapport with staff, students, community, and create strong interagency linkages.
6. Possess strong management skills and the ability to develop and implement programs based on individual student needs (physical, personal hygiene, feeding, communications, transition, etc.), establish goals, and plan in-service and activities to meet those stated goals.
7. Knowledge of differing student learning styles.
8. Comfortable with team teaching, integration with regular classroom, inclusion, and some small groups.
9. Demonstrated strength in a variety of behavior management approaches.
10. Ability to exhibit multicultural and ethnic understanding and sensitivity with the ability to communicate effectively with all cultural groups in the school community.
11. Experience working with a diverse student population and the specific school demographics
12. Desired teacher characteristics are: flexibility; ability to organize ideas, time and materials to accomplish goals; enthusiasm; ability to express ideas clearly and understand concepts being discussed; ability to learn new ideas and skills; ability and willingness to develop favorable relationships with students; knowledge of current approaches to teaching; and willingness to model behavior deemed appropriate by the school district and the community.
Primary Location: Jenkins Creek Elementary School
Salary Range: State Salary Schedule DOE & Education / Per Year
Shift Type: Part-Time
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Kent School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Washington. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Kent School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job