Kent School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Teacher, Special Education Integrated Program (IP) Leave Replacement 1.0 FTE - LY1706
Lake Youngs Elementary is located five miles northeast of downtown Kent and has an enrollment of approximately 450 students in grades K-6.¬ The building has traditional self-contained classrooms and serves a diverse community.¬ Lake Youngs offers a strong academic program with an emphasis on basic skills, music, the arts and physical education.¬ There are full-time music and physical education specialists, and part-time librarian.¬ Special programs include five gifted education classes, two special education classrooms and an Integrated Program Support Center.¬ The Lake Youngs Community is very supportive and includes a very active PTSA and parent volunteer program.
ASSIGNMENT: Our integrated program is specially designed instruction within general education classes. Candidate will plan, coordinate and provide services for students, parents and staff to assess and improve the effectiveness of education within the Kent School District; work with staff, families and/or agencies to develop needed service options; cooperate with the special education director, principals, staff members and community in implementation of a comprehensive instructional program for special needs students.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This position is part of the KEA bargaining unit. This position will end January 2, 2018, with the possibility of being extended through the end of the year.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Appropriate Washington State teaching certification with appropriate endorsements required (must include Special Education) and must be on file prior to beginning work.
2. Ability and willingness to provide medical or health services such as catheterization, diapering, toileting, feeding, tube feeding and assisting students with other activities involving self-care, which may be required.
1. Bachelorís or masterís degree with major/minor in special education
2. ELL endorsement
3. Thorough knowledge of special education laws and the ability to plan, implement and evaluate individualized programs for students.
4. Background/experience in team teaching (in-class and pull-out models) and be willing to work with high needs students.
5. Ability to establish rapport with staff, students, community, and create strong interagency linkages.
6. Possess strong management skills and the ability to develop and implement programs based on individual student needs (physical, personal hygiene, feeding, communications, transition, etc.), establish goals, and plan in-service and activities to meet those stated goals.
7. Knowledge of differing student learning styles.
8. Comfortable with team teaching, integration with regular classroom, inclusion, and some small groups.
9. Demonstrated strength in a variety of behavior management approaches.
10. Ability to exhibit multicultural and ethnic understanding and sensitivity with the ability to communicate effectively with all cultural groups in the school community.
11. Experience working with a diverse student population and the specific school demographics
12. Desired teacher characteristics are: flexibility; ability to organize ideas, time and materials to accomplish goals; enthusiasm; ability to express ideas clearly and understand concepts being discussed; ability to learn new ideas and skills; ability and willingness to develop favorable relationships with students; knowledge of current approaches to teaching; and willingness to model behavior deemed appropriate by the school district and the community.
Primary Location: Lake Youngs Elementary School
Salary Range: State Salary Schedule DOE & Education / Per Year
Shift Type: Full-Time
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Kent School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Washington. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Kent School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job