Lead Teacher/Dept. Head
School / Org:
Fort Howard Elementary School
Green Bay, Wisconsin
No. of Positions:
Tuesday, 26 September 2017
Open Until Filled
Green Bay Area Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Teaching & Learning Literacy Coach
Location: Fort Howard Elementary School
Description: Looking for an opportunity to work as a team committed to collaboration focused on all students learning? The Green Bay Public School District is pleased to accept applications for a Teaching & Learning Literacy Coach position at Forward Howard Elementary School for the 2017-18 school year. This position will facilitate classroom and school-wide improvement through the implementation of a comprehensive literacy model, and facilitate adult professional growth through a comprehensive coaching model.
Fort Howard is an identified “Priority” school and are also a school wide Title One school. We must provide 300 hours of additional instruction, per school year, one our longer a day and the school year will be through the end of June 2018. We also receive additional job embedded professional learning that enhances the instructional staff’s skills. Our school educates a diverse population and services a bilingual model. Our ultimate goal is to improve student achievement for all students. Fort Howard Elementary is happy to invite qualified applicants.
Qualifications Required: Education: Bachelor’s Degree and Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction Reading or Reading Specialist License
Experience: Minimum of 3 Years of Successful Teaching Experience
Qualifications Desired: Prior experience with small group literacy interventions and school-wide improvement initiatives.
Position Purpose: To facilitate classroom and school-wide improvement through the implementation of a comprehensive literacy model; To facilitate adult professional growth through the use of a comprehensive coaching model.
Essential Functions: - Follows the Core Values of the Green Bay Area Public School District as driver of our words and actions.
- Promotes efforts on diversity, establishes best practices and utilizes skills to remove barriers for students of diverse backgrounds.
- Collaborates weekly with the principal to organize, analyze, reflect, plan, and problem solve around implementation of a school-wide literacy framework.
- Co-facilitates, with the principal, literacy team meetings and other professional learning opportunities that align with both the district and school improvement plans.
- Develops and provides initial and on-going school site professional learning on the adopted literacy framework and assessments.
- Establishes and co-facilitates monthly Literacy Leadership Team meetings.
- Facilitates a collaborative process for developing a written vision for literacy.
- Considers and problem solves the factors of framework implementation
- Facilitates the management of the curriculum room and literacy materials/resources
- Monitors student progress, program evaluation, and universal intervention
- Coaches teachers, around the adopted literacy framework, researched based classroom practices and use of various assessments.
- Supports teachers in using various forms of assessment data to plan instruction for whole group, small group and individual students.
- Serves on Site-based Problem Solving Team and collaborates with the classroom teacher, interventionist, and principal on universal data related to student progress in the universal setting.
- Serves on Consultation Team and collaborates with principal, pupil service personnel, teachers, and interventionist on data informed decisions around student progress and interventions.
- Teaches the Literacy Framework on a consistent basis.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to administer district adopted literacy interventions.
- Engages in reflective practice that includes observations and analysis of coaching sessions with the district literacy coordinator.
- Participates in all required training, at both a school and district level.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the principal and/or supervisor.
Years of Experience: 3
Licenses: - Reading Specialist
- Reading Teacher
Additional Requirements: - Standard Questions
- Custom Questions
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Green Bay Area Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Wisconsin. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Green Bay Area Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job