Green Bay Area Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Special Education-Behavior Focus Teacher
Location: Edison Middle School
Description: The Green Bay Public School District is accepting applications for a special education teaching position at Edison Middle School. This will be a behavior focus classroom. Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction special education certification, cross-categorical or emotional behavior disorders, at the middle school grade level, is required for this position.
Essential functions specific to this position include:
1. Provides intense instruction to students with emotional and behavior disorders.
2. Implements evidence based practices with fidelity for students with emotional behavior disorders.
3. Collects data regarding the needs and achievement of students with emotional and behavior disorders, including State assessments, and other pertinent information affecting the design and implementation of services and programs, using the information to recommend new practices and modifications to existing practices.
4. Attends on-going professional development in the areas of service delivery, assessment, technology, instructional strategies and programs for students with emotional and behavior disorders, including behavior training.
5. Serves on the building’s behavior team, which provides staff support to ensure IDEA compliance, communicates ideas for classroom management, assists with the management of student behavior and learning needs, and shares information to ensure students with emotional and behavior disorders are college, career, and/or community ready.
6. Collaborates with District staff (including the District’s Program Support Teacher – Behavior Focus and other behavior focus special education teachers), students, parents and community members to enhance the awareness, expectations, and outcomes of students with emotional and behavior disorders.
7. Performs all other duties as assigned by principal or supervisor.
Edison Middle School is a vibrant school community where educators, students, and families are working together to ensure learning for all in a safe and welcoming setting. Edison Middle School boasts a very diverse student population. With more than 1,150 students, this diversity is one of Edison’s strengths and has afforded an opportunity to offer a wide range of curricular and co-curricular options including sports, theatre, musical and choral performances, and community service opportunities. Edison has led the way when it comes to advancing quality instruction in an effort to improve student achievement. Staff members work collaboratively within professional learning communities following the Gradual Release of Responsibility framework to craft units of study that provide rigor and relevance with the Common Core State Standards. Teachers also work collaboratively with a literacy coach, math coach and ladder coach for the purpose of ensuring success for all students.
Years of Experience: 0
Licenses: - Cross-Categorical Special Education
- Emotional Behavioral Disorders
Additional Requirements: - Standard Questions
- Custom Questions
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Green Bay Area Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Wisconsin. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Green Bay Area Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job