Elk Grove Unified School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
School Psychologist Intern Eligibility Pool (Student Support and Health Services)
Location: Elk Grove Unified School District
Salary: Salary Schedule #12.
Class Title: Psychologist
Basic Function: Under the direction of an Assistant Superintendent- Student Services, conduct assessments of the psycho-educational needs of referred students; provide consultative services or techniques to facilitate student learning and development; provide short-term counseling services to special education students, as IEP teams designate, and regular education students, by agreement of the psychologist and site administrator; assist school patrons in gaining access to services from outside agencies and community service providers.
Essential Functions: Administer psycho-educational assessments and periodic re-evaluations of referred students as outlined by the studentís assessment plan; prepare written reports of assessment findings with diagnoses and specific recommendations.
Participate in IEP meetings as appropriate; facilitate teams as necessary to accomplish proper results.
Provide consultative support as a subject expert to teachers, administrators, parents and students for regular and special education programs; consult with administrators, teachers and parents regarding mental health issues/interventions, substance abuse, understanding cultures, and the evaluation of educational programs and progress of students through various testing programs; provide support to administrators and teachers regarding classroom environment/school climate, student behavior, child development, learning problems and strategies, family/peer relationships, general education program options, special education procedures and guidelines, and the Gifted and Talented program; participate in discussions regarding promotion/retention and acceleration issues; assist with staff development as appropriate.
Provide short-term counseling with referred students and families; assist with expulsions as referred.
Recommend alternative approaches or techniques to facilitate the attainment of goals and objectives for individual students, groups of students, classrooms and schools.
Perform crisis counseling as necessary.
Drive a vehicle to conduct work.
Perform related duties as assigned.
Demonstrated Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge Of: - Testing practices, procedures and methods.
- Various testing materials, instruments and equipment.
Individual and group counseling techniques.
- Federal and State laws and regulations regarding special education and assigned duties.
- IEP preparation and implementation methods and procedures.
- Appropriate referral agencies.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Applicable sections of the State Education Code.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Principles of providing work direction and guidance to assigned personnel.
- Technical aspects of field of specialty.
Ability To: - Perform professional evaluations of psychological, social and educational needs of students.
- Develop, write and implement comprehensive Individual Educational Plans (IEP) for special education students.
- Utilize various testing techniques, materials, equipment and instruments.
- Counsel effectively with students and parents.
- Prepare and maintain confidential records and files.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Work confidentially with discretion.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Drive a vehicle to conduct work.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Maintain current knowledge of technological advances in the field.
- Provide work direction and guidance to assigned personnel.
- Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Hear and speak to exchange information.
- See to read a variety of materials.
Education and Experience Required: - Any combination equivalent to: masterís degree in educational or clinical psychology, including at least one year of internship under the supervision of a credentialed school psychologist.
Licenses and Other Requirements: - Pupil Personnel Services Credential with School Psychology authorization.
- Valid California Class C driverís license.
Working Conditions: Environment: - Office environment.
- Classroom environment during observances.
- Valid California driver's license.
Hazards: Contact with hostile or abusive individuals with unpredictable behaviors.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Elk Grove Unified may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of California. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Elk Grove Unified in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job