Kansas City Kansas Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Dean of Students
Job Goal: o facilitate skills and behaviors that contribute to the development of mature, able and responsible members of society.
Essential Functions: - Supervise metal detectors
- Supervise lunches
- Discipline referrals
- Present information at hearings / act as Hearing Officer
- Conduct parent/teacher conferences as needed
- Work together with AP and SLC’s to determine best behavior plan for student
- Assist with parent conferences related to attendance and other academic concerns
- Coordinate lunch breaks with administrators
- Adhere to school discipline procedures and code of conduct
- Assist with supervision of the school
- Participate in classroom walkthroughs and observations of student and teaching behaviors
- Student follow-up to ensure that negative behavior is minimized
- Assist in the operational needs of the school
- Other duties as assigned by principal
Qualifications: - Kansas teaching license in area of instructional responsibility
- Kansas administrative license or working towards one
Communication: - Maintains communication with administrators, teachers, other school personnel, and parents/guardians to enhance cooperative action which will meet the educational needs of students.
- Completes accident/incident reports for students/staff.
- Compiles data for statistical purposes and presents data on a regular basis
- Maintains confidentiality regarding educational records.
Organization: - Maintains a daily log of school/staff visits and documentation.
- Utilizes existing technology effectively in the performance of duties.
- Performs other related work as required.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Language Skills: Ability to read and analyze and interpret general professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, general curriculum and learning theories, correspondence, and protocols. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of administrators, staff, parents, students, and the general public.
Terms of Employment: 186 days
Salary: Based on KCKPS Salary Schedule
FLSA Status: EXEMPT
Reports To: Principal
Evaluation: Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Board of Education
Primary Location: TBD (to be determined)
Salary Range: Per Year
Shift Type: Full-Time
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Kansas City Kansas Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Kansas. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Kansas City Kansas Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job