Cedar Rapids Community Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
District Teacher Leadership - Cooperating Teacher (16 week) Spring 2018
Additional Information: The Cooperating Teacher (16 weeks) will work collaboratively with the Cedar Rapids Community School District Teacher Leadership Team, District Administration, and teaching staff to support teachers and facilitate the implementation of the District Goals of: Closing the Achievement Gap, Implementing the Professional Learning Community (PLC) Framework, and Providing Quality Instruction.
Cooperating Teacher (16 weeks)
• These positions provide students from a College of Education with experience in a setting in which the student teacher will learn to apply methods, skills and standards of a licensed teaching professional.
Amount of Teacher Leader Service:
• Additional hours outside of the contract day accompany this position
• Prior to Start of Each Session – 2 hours
• Professional learning paid at $25.00/hour
• Compensation Provided by Cooperating College/University
• Standard Iowa Teaching License with five years of teaching experience with at least three years of experience in the Cedar Rapids Community School District (preferred).
• A commitment to supporting the growth of others and the belief that adult learning is essential to student learning.
• Demonstrated skills in the areas of effective teaching, leadership and communications
• Broad knowledge of curriculum and instruction
• Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with colleagues
• Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Building Administrator
Essential Job Elements:
• Develops trusting and reflective professional partnerships with student teachers.
• Provides instruction which is reflective of research-based best practices.
• Engages in instruction which employs the Characteristics of Effective Instruction.
• Provides regular feedback to student teachers regarding observations, lesson design, and progress.
• Provides school-based curricular, instructional, and classroom-based assessment support for the purpose of resolving learning issues and/or implementing school improvement plans in conformance with established guidelines.
• Demonstrates teaching techniques for the purpose of providing effective strategies to improve student success.
• Reflects on instructional practices as a means of improving teaching and learning for all students.
Measures of Effectiveness and Professional Growth:
• All Teacher Leader positions will be evaluated annually in an effort to provide opportunities for the teacher to reflect upon his/her practice and peers and administration to provide feedback to enhance professional growth.
• CRCSD evaluation procedure will be used, including peer review.
• Survey of peers in relation to essential job elements.
• Personal Reflection on professional growth in relation to essential job elements.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Cedar Rapids Community Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Iowa. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Cedar Rapids Community Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job