Caldwell School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
PRIMARY PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Coordinates, supervises, and participates in the grounds maintenance work of the districtís schools and related facilities with special emphasis on Caldwell High School, Jefferson and Syringa Middle schools.
2. Assigns duties/tasks to co-workers as needed and reviews projects for quality and completeness.
3. Trains subordinates to perform skilled grounds keeping duties as required.
4. Prepares, augments, and oversees all watering, fertilizing, spraying and pruning schedules, district wide including programming irrigation clocks.
5. Procures supplies and equipment as needed.
6. Evaluates subordinates with assistance of Director of Maintenance and Operations.
7. Prepare and oversees lawn mowing schedules and coordinates activities with Principals on a regular basis.
8. Prepare and maintain all athletic fields and coordinate with scheduling of events.
9. Coordinate and install underground sprinkler systems.
10. Coordinates, designs and updates schedules with school principal on mowing, watering, fertilizing and spraying.
ADDITIONAL ROUTINE PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Maintains and cares for school grounds.
2. Prepares seeding or transplanting beds by cultivating soil and adding fertilizer or chemicals, if needed.
3. Plants grass, tree seedlings, and shrubbery as required and needed.
4. Install bark or safety materials under play ground equipment as required and needed.
5. Prunes trees and trims hedges as required and needed.
6. Mowing of lawns with hand powered mowers as needed.
7. Connects surface sprinkling equipment for watering lawns and vegetation around school buildings.
8. Inspects turf, shrubs, and trees for evidence of insects, fungi, and other pests, and sprays or dusts chemicals on infected areas.
9. Adjusts and repairs equipment such as lawnmowers, sprinklers, hedge shears, trimmers and all other equipment associated with grounds keeping.
10. Collects and disposes of leaves and refuse.
11. Repairs outdoor chairs, benches, swings and all other playground equipment.
12. Shovelís show from sidewalks and driveways and spreads sand, salt or other to prevent slipping.
13. Works inside during winter on assigned maintenance projects and grounds keeping equipment needing repairs.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Caldwell School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Idaho. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Caldwell School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job