Cobb County School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Location: Pebblebrook High School
Division: Leadership & Learning
Reports To: Principal
Work Days: 190
Primary Function: Provides instruction for students that enable them to learn and achieve to the maximum of their abilities.
Requirements: 1. Educational Level: Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university in the United States or the equivalent of a bachelor degree from a college or university outside the United States that is recognized as the equivalent of the diploma awarded in the United States. Any foreign credential must be evaluated by an agency approved by the Professional Standards Commission of the State of Georgia.
2. Certification/License Required: Valid Georgia Teaching Certificate in ESOL or ESOL endorsement with appropriate content certification
3. Experience: None
4. Physical Activities: Routine physical activities that are required to fulfill job responsibilities
5. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Written and oral communication in English at a minimum level of Advanced as defined the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL: http://www.actfl.org) or Level 2 as defined by the Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR:http://www.govtilr.org/) or successful scores on the GACE Basic Skills Exam or meets exemption criteria. Instructional strategies that engage students in both oral and written communication and align with designated standards to connect students with the current ESOL curriculum and foster learning. Appropriate classroom and student management.
The Board of Education and the Superintendent may accept alternatives to some of the above requirements.
Essential Duties: 1. Demonstrates prompt and regular attendance.
2. Provides appropriate instruction in ESOL.
3. Seeks opportunities for professional development and enrichment in the teaching and learning of second languages, particular English as a Second Language.
4. Presents a professional demeanor which enhances the image of the school.
5. Exhibits professionalism in all job related situations.
6. Develops, implements, monitors and assesses the English Language Proficiency of each identified ELL and
7. Communicates with parents in all aspects of their child’s English Language Services.
8. Completes designated procedures for students referred for ESOL service.
9. Compiles, maintains, and submits all required records.
10. Provides educational services according to the guidelines of the program and through the established delivery model for service.
11. Serves as a resource and works collaboratively with the general education teacher, who teaches students with limited English proficiency.
12. Maintains prompt and professional communication with parents.
13. Performs other duties as assigned by appropriate administrator.
Estimated Start Date: Immediately
Salary Range: $42363.54 - $89264.25 / Per Year
Shift Type: Full-Time
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Cobb County School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Georgia. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Cobb County School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job