Cobb County School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Speech Language Pathologist
Location: Barber Middle School
Department: Special Student Services
Reports To: Principal
Work Days: 190 Days
Primary Function: Identifies and provides services to students who meet eligibility requirements for the speech-language program; communicates with professionals and parents regarding integration of speech and language goals into the classroom and home environments.
Requirements: 1. Education Level: Master Degree required
2. Certification/License Required: Valid Georgia Teaching Certificate (SLP S5)
3. Experience: None
4. Physical Activities: Routine physical activities that are required to fulfill job responsibilities
5. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Written and oral communication, planning, organization
The Board of Education and the Superintendent may accept alternatives to some of the above requirements.
Essential Duties: 1. Demonstrates prompt and regular attendance.
2. Evaluates communication skills of students referred and diagnoses speech and/or language disorders.
3. Assures placement of students in the speech-language program and develops and implements speech-language goals/objectives on individualized education plans according to established due process procedures.
4. Conducts and/or participates in IEP meetings.
5. Schedules students appropriately.
6. Provides consultative services to teachers, parents, administrators, and allied agencies in order to integrate speech-language goals into the classroom, other educational programs, and the home environment.
7. Reports and maintains student data to assess progress and continuation or termination of services.
8. Complies with State and System regulations regarding due process paperwork and Medicaid documentation.
9. Refers to other agencies and/or personnel when appropriate.
10. Investigates and uses new strategies for delivering student services.
11. Participates in professional learning opportunities provided.
12. Participates with school administrators/coordinators for effective planning, coordination, and implementation of speech-language program into total educational system.
13. Participates in RTI process at local school level as needed.
14. Reports information required for local, state, and federal programs.
15. Maintains special education records for SI students at local school.
16. Maintains prompt and professional communication with parents.
17. Performs other duties as assigned by appropriate administrator
Estimated Start Date: *10/15/2017
Salary Range: $42363.54 - $89264.25 / Per Year
Shift Type: Full-Time
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Cobb County School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Georgia. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Cobb County School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job