Cobb County School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Assistant Principal, Middle School
Location: Chief Leadership & Learning
Division: Leadership and Learning
Department: Leadership and Learning
Reports To: Principal
Work Days: 210
Overview: This is an open posting for those interested in Assistant Principal (AP) positions for the 2018-19 school year. Submitting a general AP application enables us to obtain your references before specific school AP positions are posted. Specific school AP positions will be added as they become available. You must add to your application any specific school AP positions that are posted in order to be considered.
The Cobb County School District is the second largest school district in Georgia and among the largest in the United States, with over 112,000 students, 112 schools, over 15,000 employees and a $1B annual general fund budget.
Primary Function: Assists the principal to provide effective leadership and guidance in the operations of the school.
Requirements: 1. Educational Level: Master Degree in Educational Leadership preferred, or Master Degree in other education field which requires completion of an Educational Leadership program within 3 years
2. Certification/License Required: Valid Georgia Educational Leadership Certificate at level 5 or meets qualifications for NPL-5; passing score on the GACE Georgia Ethics for Educational Leadership – Program Entry (370) Assessment (http://gace.ets.org/)
3. Experience: Minimum of three (3) years successful educational experience
4. Physical Activities: Routine physical activities that are required to fulfill job responsibilities
5. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Written and oral communication; leadership; organizational and interpersonal skills; computer competence; instructional strategies that connect the curriculum to the learners; student management
The Board of Education and the Superintendent may accept alternatives to some of the above requirements.
Essential Duties: 1. Demonstrates prompt and regular attendance.
2. Assumes responsibility in the absence of the principal.
3. Assists in the enforcement of policies concerning student discipline and attendance.
4. Keeps the principal apprised of activities, situations, and developments that effect the school operation.
5. Assists in the supervision, observation and evaluation of staff.
6. Assists with directing and improving curriculum and instruction.
7. Assists with the organization and implementation of staff development.
8. Assists in the supervision of the extracurricular programs.
9. Assists with safeguarding the health, safety and welfare of students.
10. Assists in organizing and supervising student activities, assemblies and other activities.
11. Assists in the maintenance and operations of the school facility.
12. Assists with the supervision of student orientation, registration, and scheduling.
13. Assists with the administration and supervision of the total school program in accordance with applicable regulations.
14. Serves as a member or facilitator of District Student Disciplinary Due Process Hearing panels, as needed.
15. Assists with the financial operation of the school as needed.
16. Demonstrates consistent appropriate fiscal management of funds.
17. Performs other duties as assigned by appropriate administrator.
Other Information: The Assistant Principal has important responsibilities in the school community. As such, the actions of this position are potentially subject to a high degree of public and community scrutiny and must always reflect the efficient and effective use of resources. The candidate must demonstrate operational and financial acumen and deal sensitively and responsibly with the community, central office departments, various groups and organizations, and a diverse community.
Salary Range: $56,925 - $98,635 / Per Year
Shift Type: Full-Time
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Cobb County School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Georgia. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Cobb County School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job