Basic Function & Responsibility: Provide support through collaborative processes to support teachers, campus and district administrators in promoting positive change and commitment for engaged learning environments in order to impact student achievement.
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities: The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities noted herein; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
Instructional Management: - Support the implementation, monitoring and/or evaluation of assigned programs for elementary and secondary education, curriculum, and/or instructional support, and ensure that assigned programs are efficiently and effectively administered.
Management of Administrative, Fiscal and/or Facilities Functions: - Assist in the development and maintenance of the Aligned Round Rock Curriculum (ARRC) to ensure student learning of Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS).
- Assist in development of curriculum-based assessments aligned to the depth and complexity of the TEKS.
- Collaborate, analyze and respond to district data and educational trends.
- Work collaboratively with curriculum coordinators as well as members of instructional departments and campuses to establish exemplary learning environments.
- Exhibit a high degree of initiative in response to requests for curricular/instructional support.
- Model/demonstrate exemplary curriculum design strategies.
- Support campus and district administrators in creating change-adept learning communities.
- Support continuous improvement in teacher and student performance through effective curriculum design practices.
- Support the adoption and acquisition of aligned instructional resources.
- Establish integrated management systems to ensure quality program delivery.
- Coordinate departmental activities with other District offices and administrators and provide assistance to requesting departments.
Organization Improvement: - Support and participate in meeting the objectives of the campus/department improvement plans.
- Facilitate the development of collaborative cultures at the campus and district levels.
- Support the implementation of quality professional development aligned with the district goals and initiatives.
- Analyze critical needs in assigned areas and work collaboratively to implement and improve programs.
Professional Growth and Development: - Participate in professional development that increases effectiveness and improves District performance.
Academic Excellence Indicators and Campus Performance Objectives: - Support the administration of state-mandated testing at campuses in compliance with state and federal guidelines.
- Monitor and review campus test data and use findings to assist with planning corrective action for the affected group of students and/or campuses.
School/Community Relations: - Network with out-of-district entities to ensure district practices stay current with state and national best practice trends.
- Interface with governmental agencies, business and civic organizations, and the community to provide needed information and to promote the Districtís initiatives.
Organization Morale: - Communicate with district stakeholders in a positive and supportive manner.
- Support the development of collaborative cultures at the campus and district levels.
- Respond in a timely and positive manner to all requests for support from campus and district administrators.
- Foster positive morale by participating in team building activities and the decision-making process.
- Communicate and collaborate with campus/department staff to enhance service delivery, program development, and customer satisfaction.
Other Responsibilities: - Comply with policies established by federal and state law, including but not limited to State Board of Education and local Board policy.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Supervision Exercised: None.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: - Knowledge of TEKS.
- Knowledge of curriculum design, implementation, evaluation, and refinement.
- Knowledge of effective instruction and evaluation methodologies.
- Knowledge of the continuous improvement principles for integrated management systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of the complexities of building collaborative structures in the educational environment.
- Skill in the use of technology as a learning tool in all content areas.
- Skill in assisting with collection and interpretation of data to assist in adjustment of curriculum to support student learning.
- Skill in operating standard computer and software applications, including but not limited to electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentations.
- Skill in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to collaboratively locate and obtain instructional materials to support the aligned curriculum.
- Ability to collaboratively employ a systems-perspective to maximize attainment of learning goals.
- Ability to assist in engaging others in collective inquiry and problem solving.
- Ability to assist in design, delivery, and integration of curriculum.
- Ability to collaboratively analyze trends and lead improvement initiatives.
- Ability to collaboratively plan, organize, and deliver quality professional development.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work responsibilities.
Entry Qualifications: Bachelorís degree from an accredited college or university and four years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical & Mental Demands: - Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- Travel district wide occasionally.
- Work extended and irregular hours.
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Use computer for prolonged period resulting in repetitive hand motions.
- Lift and/or move up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
Environmental Factors: - Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Round Rock Independent School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Texas. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Round Rock Independent School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job