Cedar Rapids Community Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Site Leader - Before or After School Tutoring Program
Location: Nixon Elementary School
Summary: The Cedar Rapids Community School District Before or After School Tutoring Program is intended for students experiencing difficulty in meeting the district’s curricular standards, which are aligned with the Iowa Core Curriculum, in reading and mathematics. The program is an extension of the CRCSD curriculum and will be focused on supporting individual student needs. Collaboration between CRCSD teachers and this programs' teachers will allow for a seamless approach to learning for students.
The Cedar Rapids Community School District is seeking a teacher to be the Site Leader for the Before or After School Tutoring Program. Expectations include, but are not limited to utilizing best practices in mathematics and reading instruction and assessments that are aligned with the Cedar Rapids Student Learning Expectations and the Iowa Core Curriculum in order to accelerate student achievement growth for participating students.
The Site Leader: • Engages in active communication and positive relationships with staff, parents and community members.
• Communicates with parents/guardians regarding student progress in a supportive and positive manner.
• Collaborates with other SES program staff.
• Communicates/collaborates with the students’ classroom teacher
• Maintains appropriate records and protects the confidentiality of data
• Meets the eight Iowa Teaching Standards
• Demonstrates knowledge and expertise in working with struggling learners
• Demonstrates best teaching practices in the area of mathematics and reading content, assessment, and instruction.
• Acts as a liaison between the Before and After School Tutoring program facilitator and their teachers.
• Provides support to the programs' teachers at school site.
• Gather appropriate data and provides information to program facilitator
• Works with program facilitator to secure substitute teacher in absence of teacher
• Facilitates Before and After School Tutoring Program services at building site
• Solicit participation from identified families
Compensation: $40 per hour
Term: Immediately - May 15, 2018
Qualification: - Certified staff currently working at school site preferred
- Experience in classroom teaching in K-5th grade required
- Reading endorsement preferred
- Title I teaching experience preferred
- Highly Qualified Teacher as identified by the “No Child Left Behind Act” (NCLB). For a teacher to be highly qualified they must have:
- Full state certification or licensure
- Evidence of a knowledge base in reading and math
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Cedar Rapids Community Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Iowa. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Cedar Rapids Community Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job