Additional Information: The Curriculum Facilitator – Secondary will work collaboratively with the Cedar Rapids Community School District Teacher Leadership Team, District Administration, and teaching staff to support teachers and assure that we deliver on the District Vision of Every Learner: Future Ready.
Position Summary: Curriculum Facilitators provide District level leadership and support for teachers in the alignment of content, instruction, and assessment with the Iowa Core Curriculum and other content standards. This leadership is provided through professional learning and support with the implementation of District goals.
# of Positions: 1 (.8FTE)
Total Days of Service: 191
Compensation: Current salary - .2FTE
Current salary plus $400.00 per .1 FTE – (.8FTE)
Up to ten additional days at $340.00/day
Up to ten additional days at per diem (non-Teacher Leader funding source)
Job Requirements: - Standard Iowa Teaching License with five years of teaching experience with at least three years of experience in the Cedar Rapids Community School District preferred.
- A commitment to supporting the growth of others and the belief that adult learning is essential to student learning.
- Basic level of knowledge and experience using district technology resources and willingness to learn other platforms as necessary: Microsoft Office, Office 365, current computer operating systems, Canvas, iOS devices, interactive white boards.
- Broad knowledge of content, instruction, and assessment as outlined in the Iowa core coupled with the ability to design and facilitate adult learning, coach peers, and utilize data for improvement.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Iowa Core.
- Mentoring and coaching skills.
- Designing, presenting and facilitating adult learning experiences preferred.
- Experience with data analysis process and protocol including writing SMART goals.
Essential Job Elements: - Provides direction and leadership for the curricular program consistent with District vision, mission, and focus.
- Guides teachers with the use of data for instructional and curriculum decision making purposes.
- Collaborates with Professional Learning staff, and Executive Director of Instructional Services to plan and provide professional learning to content-area teachers.
- Facilitates curriculum committees for the purpose of aligning content, instruction, and assessments with the Iowa - Core Curriculum and other content standards.
- Guides implementation and differentiation of the Iowa Core Curriculum.
- Supports teachers in their use of PLC’s as it relates to content, instruction, in their content area.
- Provides relevant resources and models for schools and teachers in the content area in instruction and assessment.
- Support staff and faculty as they answer the PLC question.
- Collects and analyzes district level assessment data to support the planning, implementation and evaluation of content standards.
- Collaborates with the Curriculum Facilitator Mathematics – K-8.
Measures of Effectiveness and Professional Growth: - All Teacher Leader Positions will be evaluated annually in an effort to provide opportunities for the teacher to reflect upon his/her practice and peers and administration to provide feedback to enhance professional growth.
- CRCSD evaluation procedure will be used, including peer review.
- Survey of peers in relation to essential job elements.
- Personal Reflection on professional growth in relation to essential job elements.
- Meets or exceeds all performance targets.Maintenance of required documentation.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Cedar Rapids Community Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Iowa. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Cedar Rapids Community Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job