Caldwell School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
To provide a positive learning experience and enable each child to pursue his or her education as smoothly and completely as possible in the absence of the regular teacher.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Reports to the building school secretary upon arrival at the school building according to the time specified by the Aesop Substitute Placement System.
2. If necessary, reviews with the building administrator or department head all plans and schedules to be followed during the teaching day.
3. Maintains as fully as possible the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which assigned.
4. Teaches the lesson outlined and described in the substitute teacher’s plans as prepared by the absent teacher.
5. Consults as appropriate with the building administrator or department head before initiating any teaching or other procedures not specified in the teacher’s plans.
6. Assumes responsibility for overseeing pupil behavior in class and during recess periods as assigned by the building administrator.
7. Corrects all papers completed during the day (unless otherwise requested by the absent teacher), as time allows, and leave them in a conspicuous place for the teacher.
8. Completes a written report for the absent teacher on the day’s activities at the conclusion of each teaching day.
9. Follows all policies, rules, and procedures to which regular teachers are subject and which good teaching practice dictates.
10. Leaves the room in an orderly condition, with all supplies and equipment returned to proper storage area. All equipment is to be turned off.
11. Performs the regular teacher’s extra duties, if any.
12. Reports any major disciplinary problems to the building administrator.
13. Seeks out opportunities for professional growth.
14. Maintains high standards of ethical behavior and confidentiality of student information.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs all other duties as assigned.
Terms of Employment:
This position shall be considered in all respects “employment at will” and the employee is subject to discharge by the District at any time without cause. The “employment period” and other descriptions and terms set forth in this job description shall not create a property right in the employee, and such are set forth only to advise the employee of when and what type of services will be required by the District so long as employment continues.
An employee working in this position shall, at all times, be subject to the direction of the person(s) to whom said employee has primary responsibility or said person(s)’ designee(s), and at all times shall be subject to the rules, regulations and policies of the District as promulgated by the Board of Trustees. Each employee shall be held responsible for having knowledge of said school district rules, regulations and policies.
Employed on an on-call, as needed basis. Salary pursuant to the Substitute Teacher Salary Schedule.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, sit, walk, stand, have sufficient hand, arm and finger dexterity; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can on occasion be loud. The employee may occasionally be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Caldwell School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Idaho. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Caldwell School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job