Caldwell School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Special Education Paraprofessional
Description: The special education paraprofessional works with students individually or in small group settings within the general education classroom to help the teacher provide a well organized, smooth functioning class environment in which a student can take full advantage of the instructional program and available resource material.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: 1. Prepares classroom activities for the assigned student under the supervision of a certified teacher.
2. Administers, scores and records such achievement and diagnostic tests as a teacher recommends for individual students.
3. Works individually or with small groups of students to reinforce materials initially introduced by the teacher.
4. Assists in drill work, adapted curriculum, and with small groups of students in library, computer lab, etc.
5. Assists individual students in need of special attention.
6. Assists in data collection of studentís progress.
7. Guides independent study, enrichment work, and remedial work set up by the teacher.
8. Assists teacher with non-instructional classroom duties, such as snack, toilet, and clothing routines.
9. Helps adapt curriculum and supplementary materials for use in the classroom.
10. Monitors work, corrects papers, and supervises testing and makeup work as assigned by the teacher.
11. Strives to improve and maintain job skills through in-service training programs and other means.
12. Assists with the supervision of students during lunch periods, play periods and on field trips.
13. Serves as the chief source of information and help to any substitute teacher assigned in the absence of the regular Special Education Teacher.
14. Keeps bulletin boards and other classroom learning displays up-to-date.
15. Maintains a safe working environment, and encourages colleagues to be safety-minded in the performance of all school-related duties.
16. Maintains the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students as is expected of fully-certified teachers.
17. Has regular and predictable attendance.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Caldwell School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Idaho. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Caldwell School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job