Caldwell School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Description: The responsibility of the substitute custodian is to provide the maintenance and preservation of District buildings and to keep them clean, safe and sanitary. This position is on-call, as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: 1. Responsible for maintaining and preservation of building at all times, including from the time school closes in the afternoon until it opens the next morning, as well as on weekends, holidays and vacation periods.
2. Keeps building and grounds clean and sanitary.
3. Keeps building and premises; including sidewalks, driveways, and play areas; neat and clean at all times.
4. May assist in regulating heat, ventilation and air conditioning systems to provide temperatures appropriate to the season and to insure economical usage of fuel, water, and electricity.
5. Shovels, plows, and/or sands walks, driveways, parking areas and steps, as appropriate and in accordance with District policy.
6. Checks daily to insure that all exit doors are open and all panic bolts are working properly during the hours of building occupancy.
7. Will make minor repairs to building hardware, fixtures and furnishings such as furniture and window shades.
8. During school vacation periods and when so directed, will help with cleaning, varnishing and painting rooms and equipment.
9. Reports supplies needed for maintenance and operation to Head Custodian.
10. Reports repairs needed to Head Custodian for submission to the Administration Office on a District Work Order form, approved by the school building Principal.
11. Collects and disposes of rubbish, and keeps the buildings and grounds free from waste materials. Must be alert to fire hazards, and not allow rubbish or refuse to collect any place which might constitute a fire or health hazard.
12. Washes windows, sweeps or vacuums all classrooms, stairs and halls, and cleans, mops and disinfects restrooms, and cleans all sanitary fixtures and drinking fountains daily.
13. Keeps the grounds free from rubbish. May perform yard keeping chores; such as grass cutting, tree trimming, etc.; as necessary to maintain the school grounds in a safe and attractive condition.
14. Maintains all floors in a clean and attractive condition and in a good state of preservation.
15. Cleans all chalkboards, chalk trays and dusts furniture; mops floors and shampoos carpets when needed; cleans walls and woodwork; and performs other emergency cleaning services, as necessary.
16. Remains on school premises during school hours, and during non-school hours when the use of the building has been authorized and their attendance is required by their supervisor.
17. Moves furniture and equipment within the building as required for various activities and as directed by supervisor.
18. Complies with local laws and procedures for the storage and disposal of trash, rubbish and waste.
19. Responsible for locking all doors and setting all security alarms.
20. Must have basic computer knowledge and be able to clock in and out, leave days, and other issues relative to the employee software system.
21. Maintains high standards of ethical behavior and confidentiality.
22. Has regular and predictable attendance.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Caldwell School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Idaho. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Caldwell School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job