Santa Fe Public Schools are currently accepting applications for the following position(s):
.2FTE Special Education Teacher for Alternative Programs
Location: Academy at Larragoite
Creates a flexible program with Common Core State Standards and an environment favorable to learning and personal growth. Establishes effective rapport with pupils and motivates pupils to develop skills attitudes and knowledge needed to obtain a good foundation for continuous achievement growth and development in elementary grade education. Establishes effective rapport with students and their parents by assisting students in developing positive feelings toward themselves and others.
This is an alternative program serving: Academy, Bridge, Detention Center and Engage programs.
Part of this position is in a youth prison facility and anyone who applies has to complete a SF County Detention Center clearance background. This process usually takes three weeks to complete if not longer and the person cannot enter the facility until the SF County background has been completed.
• Cooperates in the development and implementation of the district program of instruction.
• Plans and implements lesson plans that meet the individual needs, interests and abilities of students and complies with State Department of Education Standards and the SFPS Board of Education goals and objectives.
• Institutes clear objectives for all lessons, assignments, units and projects in accordance with curriculum goals and communicates objectives to students.
• Establishes and maintains a classroom environment conducive to learning by managing appropriate student behavior.
• Prescribes effective learning programs and initiates referrals to appropriate personnel when concerns arise.
• Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
• Administers group standardized tests in accordance with the district testing program.
• Institutes open lines of communication with students and parents concerning students' academic, social and behavioral progress.
• Provides directions and materials for substitute teachers.
• Plans for and supervises classroom aides, guests and volunteers.
• Cooperates with staff and support personnel in assessing and helping students with health, attitude, learning and behavioral problems.
• Utilizes technology in the classroom
• Other duties as assigned
Effective communication skills, both verbal and written. Flexibility, organization, decision making and problem solving skills. Knowledge of SFPS community. Ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects, and coordinate the work of others. Knowledge of District policies on immunization, medication, first aid, emergencies and child abuse/neglect. Knowledge of all laws, regulations and guidelines affecting teachers and students. Knowledge of effective classroom management techniques. Ability to maintain positive relationships with students, parents, community members and staff. Knowledge of computer systems.
Bachelor's degree. Current New Mexico teaching certificate in specified field. Current endorsements dependent upon specific positions may be required. Additional requirements may be applicable for specific positions.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Santa Fe Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of New Mexico. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Santa Fe Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job