Chesapeake Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Applicant Pool - Occupational / Physical Therapist
Calendar Days: 10 Calendar Months
Educational Requirements: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelors degree in occupational therapy or physical therapy and considerable experience as an occupational therapist or physical therapist.
Description: Performs difficult professional work identifying and treating at risk students in order to minimize the impact of their limitations on their educational and life pursuits; does related work as required. Work is performed under general supervision.
- Evaluates special needs of students; designs and implements appropriate therapies; prepares and maintains appropriate records;
- Consults with classroom teachers, parents and school personnel regarding special needs students;
- Evaluates children's needs, identifying those requiring therapy services;
- Prepares IEPs, schedules and coordinates services and staff;
- Chooses activities to develop any of the following skills: gross motor, fine motor, perceptual, visual motor, sensory system integration, positioning, feeding, range of motion, muscle tone, daily living, etc.;
- Coordinates students' programs to maximize learning;
- Assists with modification of school tasks to accommodate the needs of students;
- Provides direct student instruction as needed;
- Reviews IEPs, evaluation, assessment and progress reports;
- Maintains specified records on each student referred, evaluated and/or recommended for on-going treatment;
- Orders appropriate equipment for school treatment areas;
- Performs related tasks as required.
Other Information: Thorough knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of specialty area; thorough knowledge of the principles and methodology of providing effective therapy for special needs students; thorough knowledge of school division rules, regulations and procedures; ability to establish and maintain standards of behavior; ability to deliver articulate oral presentations and written reports; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff, students and parents.
Considerable experience as an occupational therapist.
Possession of or ability to acquire appropriate license(s), certificate(s), and/or endorsement(s) for position as required by the Commonwealth of Virginia and School Board.
Working Conditions: Nonessential:
* Exertion of up to 50 pounds of force.
* Exertion of up to 20 pounds of force.
* Exertion of up to 10 pounds of force.
* Work requires balancing.
* Work requires stooping.
* Work requires kneeling
* Work requires crouching.
* Work requires crawling.
* Work requires reaching.
* Work requires standing.
* Work requires pushing.
* Work requires pulling.
* Work requires lifting.
* Work requires using fingers.
* Work requires grasping
* Works requires feeling.
* Vocal communication required to convey instructions.
* Hearing required to perceive info at normal levels
* Visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing data.
* Visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts
* Visual acuity is required in use of measuring devices.
* Assembly or fabrication of parts at or within arms length.
* Visual acuity is required for determining accuracy of work.
* Observing general surroundings and activities.
* Exposure to bloodborne pathogens possible.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Chesapeake Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Virginia. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Chesapeake Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job