Chesapeake Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Applicant Pool - Equity Tutor
Calendar Days: On Call - As Needed
Description: Performs responsible human support and work assisting classroom teachers by working with individual students or small groups; does related work as required. Work is performed under immediate supervision.
- Tutoring students in 1-on-1 and/or small groups in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of pupils' intellectual abilities;
- Assisting students to reinforce material already presented through special efforts and repetitions;
- Assists in providing individual and small-group instruction;
- Preparing lesson plans to focus on specific academic areas designated by teacher and curriculum guides;
- Assisting with integrating core-curriculum concepts into tutoring component;
- Managing groups of students to make efficient use of time;
- Communicating regularly with teachers and staff;
- Ensuring student safety and school accountability;
- Keeping accurate records and collecting data on students;
Providing escort and assistance to children as necessary;
- Maintaining order and monitors students to keep them on task;
- Performing related tasks as required.
Other Information: General knowledge of the practices, methods and techniques used in classroom teaching; ability to maintain confidential files and information and to compile reports; ability to deal effectively with students and teachers; skill in the use of classroom and instructional equipment; ability to operate standard office, word and data processing equipment; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with teachers, parents, students and associates.
Must have a valid teaching license and prior teaching experience is preferred.
Possession of or ability to acquire appropriate license(s), certificate(s), and/or endorsement(s) for position as required by the Commonwealth of Virginia and School Board.
Working Conditions: Essential:
* This is light work.
* Exertion of up to 20 pounds of force.
* Exertion of up to 10 pounds of force.
* Exertion of up to 50 pounds of force.
* Work requires stooping.
* Work requires kneeling
* Work requires reaching.
* Work requires standing.
* Work requires walking.
* Work requires pushing.
* Work requires pulling.
* Work requires lifting.
* Work requires using fingers.
* Work requires repetitive motions.
* Spoken word required for expressing/exchanging ideas.
* Hearing required to perceive info at normal levels
* Visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing data.
* Visual acuity is required for observing surroundings.
* Visual acuity is required for determining accuracy of work.
* Subject to inside environmental conditions.
* Subject to outside environmental conditions.
* Subject to noise.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Chesapeake Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Virginia. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Chesapeake Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job