Special Education (Remedial)
School / Org:
Chesapeake Public Schools
No. of Positions:
Wednesday, 07 February 2018
Open Until Filled
Chesapeake Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
SOL Remediation Tutor - Middle School
Calendar Days: On Call - As Needed
Description: Performs professional work providing teaching to students in general instruction or in a specialized subject or assigned group of subjects. Work is performed under regular supervision.
- Teaching in an elementary or secondary school instructional program and class environment favorable to learning; teaching a broad range of subjects or specialized subject matter(s); teaching special needs students; motivating students to achieve maximum potential;
- Provides small-group instruction;
- Provides intervention to students and reinforces skills in core content areas;
- Prepares intervention sessions to foster academic development;
- Prepares lesson plans for small group instruction;
- Assesses student progress as directed by the teacher;
- Communicates regularly with teachers;
- Keeps accurate records and collects data on students as required;
- Prepares and maintains files and reports;
- Attends training as scheduled;
- Ensure student safety and school accountability;
- Assists in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct;
- Alerts the teacher to special needs of individual students;
- Performs related tasks as required.
Other Information: Thorough knowledge of subject(s) taught; thorough knowledge of elementary, secondary or special education principles, practices and procedures; thorough knowledge of the principles and methodology of effective teaching; thorough knowledge of school division rules, regulations and procedures; ability to establish and maintain standards of behavior; ability to deliver articulate oral presentations and written reports; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, students and parents. Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in an acceptable field.
Possession of or ability to acquire appropriate license(s), certificate(s), and/or endorsement(s) for position as required by the Commonwealth of Virginia and School Board.
Working Conditions: Essential:
* Exertion of up to 10 pounds of force.
* Exertion of up to 20 pounds of force.
* Work requires stooping.
* Work requires kneeling
* Work requires standing.
* Work requires reaching.
* Work requires walking.
* Work requires pushing.
* Work requires lifting.
* Work requires repetitive motions.
* Spoken word required for expressing/exchanging ideas.
* Hearing required to perceive info at normal levels
* Visual acuity is required for determining accuracy of work.
* Visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing data.
* Visual acuity is required for observing surroundings.
* Subject to inside environmental conditions.
* Subject to outside environmental conditions.
* Subject to hazards.
* Subject to noise.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Chesapeake Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Virginia. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Chesapeake Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job