Stafford County P.S is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Instructional Coach - Title 2
Location: PSN Hourly
Position Summary - Title II Instructional Coach: Under the supervision of the building principal or designee this position supports the building level literacy, mathematics or ESOL programs through consultation with faculty, staff, and parents, and by providing supplemental instruction/training to teachers. This position facilitates the effectiveness of teachers in working with high needs students.
The following Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities, and Key Duties and Responsibilities are given by way of example, and are not intended to be all inclusive and are not set forth in order of importance
Qualifications: 1. Hold or be eligible for a Postgraduate Professional license preferred, but not required.
2. Have at least three years of successful full-time classroom teaching experience.
3. Must provide evidence of a comprehensive knowledge of literacy, numeracy or ESOL methodology.
4. Possess good character and leadership qualities.
5. Ongoing evidence of mental and physical competence to perform assigned responsibilities may be required from a qualified physician.
6. An applicant who has had prior experience in a related position must have a performance rating which is acceptable to Stafford County Public Schools for such experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: 1. Ability to work cooperatively with the total staff.
2. Ability to relate positively to parents and other community representatives.
3. Demonstrate appropriate use of written and verbal communication; thorough knowledge of English grammar and usage.
4. Demonstrate effective time management and organizational skills.
5. Demonstrate knowledge of reading, mathematics and ESOL research-based strategies.
6. Demonstrate knowledge of current theory and best practices in instruction and appropriate assessment strategies.
7. Demonstrate knowledge of current theory in Response to Intervention strategies (Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 Instruction)
8. Demonstrate knowledge of standardized tests and the procedures in developing corrective strategies.
9. Demonstrate ability to assess individual needs and performance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: 1. Provide leadership and consultation services in the assessment of instruction.
2. Assist in the development of prescriptive strategies to enhance the success of students and teachers.
3. Facilitate instruction for teachers, including Response to Intervention strategies ( Tier1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 instruction strategies).
4. Provide current materials for viewing and use and/or develop materials for use in classrooms.
5. Assist teachers and parents in understanding students’ abilities and the importance of appropriate interventions.
6. Assist in the coordination of effective instructional programs with the classroom teachers.
7. Monitor various forms of documentation and records regarding reading, math and ESOL instruction.
8. Develop educational programs based on the assessed needs of students.
9. Develop and coordinate educational programs and lead staff professional development related to instructional practice.
10. Provide information regarding academic progress to students, teachers and parents.
11. Model lessons utilizing best-practices in the classroom.
12. Actively pursue professional growth activities.
13. Promote literacy in all content areas.
14. Adhere to guidelines of confidentiality as outlined in federal and state laws and School Board Policies and Procedures.
15. Maintain a record of appropriate attendance and punctuality.
16. Serve as an optimal role model for students, colleagues, and the general public.
17. Must work in close harmony with colleagues, supervisors, and co-workers.
18. Maintain a clean, neat appearance, appropriate to position.
19. Comply with all district and school policies and regulations.
20. Perform other duties as assigned.
Evaluated by: Building principal consulting with Central Office staff as appropriate.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Terms of Employment: Hourly – varies depending experience
Evaluation: Evaluation will be conducted in accordance with School Board Policies and Regulations.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Stafford County Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Virginia. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Stafford County Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job