Cedar Rapids Community Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Instructional Design Leader
Additional Information: The Instructional Design Leader will work collaboratively with the Cedar Rapids Community School District Teacher Leadership Team, District Administration, and teaching staff to support teachers and assure that we deliver on the District Vision of Every Learner: Future Ready.
Supervised by: Director, Culture and Climate
Position Summary: IDL will design, develop, and support an instructional coaching model to ensure effective teaching in every classroom.
# of Positions:
Total Days of Service:
Current salary plus $4,000.00
An additional ten days at $340.00/day
Job Requirements: - Ability to train and coach New Art and Science of Teaching.
- Ability to train and coach Intercultural Development Inventory.
- Standard Iowa Teaching License with five years of teaching experience with at least three years of experience in the Cedar Rapids Community School District preferred.
- Knowledge and experience implementing High Reliability Schools framework.
- Knowledge and experience using district technology resources.
- Knowledge and experience integrating technology with instruction.
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
- Ability to design, present, and facilitate adult learning experiences (preferred).
- Experience in working with students with challenging behaviors (preferred).
- Experience with conducting professional learning activities.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Iowa Core.
- Mentoring and coaching skills.
- Knowledge of Professional Learning Community process and protocol
Essential Job Elements: IDL will design, develop and support an instructional coaching model to ensure effective teaching in every classroom. The following indicators will be used to measure performance: 1.IDL communicates NASOT as district wide language and model of instruction.
1. Design, develop, and deliver professional learning courses in the New Art and Science of Teaching.
2. IDL supports IDS in establishment of growth goals and support IDS regarding their individual progress and track their growth.
Instructional Coaching Model
3. DL monitor the predominant instructional strategies throughout the district.
Collaborating with district administrators and IDS to analyze formative and summative instructional practice data.
Assist IDS with the use of data to improve student learning.
Facilitate best practice of technology integration into instruction.
4. IDL provide clear, ongoing feedback to IDS regarding their pedagogical strengths and weakness related to NASOT and the Instructional Coaching Model.
Assessment of learning
Differentiation of instruction
Dissecting standards to guide identification of essential knowledge and skills.
Facilitating a better understanding of the structure of the written, taught, and tested curriculum.
5. IDL provide job-embedded professional development that is directly related to IDS individual goals related to the Instructional Coaching Model.
Provide descriptive feedback based on coaching practice
6. IDL will ensure that IDS have opportunities to observe and discuss effective coaching.
Measures of Effectiveness and Professional Growth: - All Teacher Leader Positions will be evaluated annually in an effort to provide opportunities for the teacher to reflect upon his/her practice and administration to provide feedback to enhance professional growth.
- CRCSD evaluation procedure will be used.
- TLS rubric identifying levels of development will be used to monitor growth and determine if the teacher leader is performing at a satisfactory level to continue in the teacher leader role.
- Personal Reflection on professional growth in relation to essential job elements.
- Meets or exceeds all performance targets.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Cedar Rapids Community Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Iowa. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Cedar Rapids Community Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job