Omaha Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Special Education Behavioral Skills Program Teacher - Elementary - District Pool
Location: District Wide
Qualifications: - Education: Minimum of Bachelorís degree in education from an accredited college or university.
- A valid NE Teaching Certificate or the ability to obtain one with endorsement in Special Education with emphasis in Behavior Disorder preferred.
- A demonstrated philosophy that all students can and will learn.
- Excellent attendance record
- Excellent communication skills oral and written
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Best Instructional Practices
- Positive interpersonal skills
- Professional verification of successful classroom teacher performance and/or student teaching experience.
- Evidence of the willingness and the ability to comply with the standards for ethical and professional performance established by the State Board of Education.
- This individual will exhibit skills pertinent to foster positive human relationships and the ability to work effectively with students, staff, parents and the community
- A continuous quest for quality education
Other Information: Location: TBD
Reports to: Building Principal
Work Schedule: 190 Days Contracted
Responsibilities: - Developing studentsí cognitive, emotional and social capacities and respect for learning
- Maintaining a classroom atmosphere conducive to enhancing interpersonal relationships, social skills, problem resolution and decision making while achieving academic success.
- Positively fostering studentsí self-esteem
- Working with and understanding a diverse student population
- Integration of social skills, technology, and communication into the curriculum
- Planning for and guiding the learning process to help students achieve program objectives
- Implementing useful diagnostic and progress assessment measures
- Selecting and using effective instructional methods and learning materials
- Establishing a cooperative relationship with all assigned students
- Maintaining open lines of communication with parents/ guardians/ staff
- Engaging in professional growth activities through an ongoing program of job related knowledge and skill development
- Working collaboratively to achieve the overall purpose of the schoolís program and support the Districtís vision, aims and goals
- Integrating of the themes of leadership, technology, and communication with a diverse population
*NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Omaha Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Nebraska. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Omaha Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job