Stafford County P.S is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Location: Shirley Heim Middle
Minimum Salary: $42,250.00
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Principal and/or other designated administrator, the Teacher develops and implements an instructional program that will effectively meet the needs of all students. The Teacher assesses and evaluates student performance and modifies instructional activities as appropriate.
The following Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities, and Key Duties and Responsibilities are given by way of example, and are not intended to be all inclusive and are not set forth in order of importance
Qualifications: 1. Hold or be eligible for a valid teaching license which meets Commonwealth of Virginia requirements with specific endorsement in the area to which assigned.
2. Ongoing evidence of mental and physical competence to perform assigned responsibilities may be required from a qualified physician.
3. An applicant who has had prior experience in a related position must have a performance rating which is acceptable to Stafford County Public Schools for such experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: 1. Demonstrate ability to work cooperatively with the total staff.
2. Demonstrate ability to relate positively to parents and other community representatives.
3. Demonstrate appropriate use of written and verbal communication; thorough knowledge of English grammar and usage.
4. Demonstrate effective time management and organizational skills.
5. Demonstrate thorough knowledge of the subject being taught.
6. Demonstrate classroom management strategies appropriate to the learning situation.
7. Demonstrate ability to assess individual needs and performance.
8. Demonstrate ability to address criticism in an appropriate manner and develop constructive outcomes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: 1. Actively pursue professional growth activities.
2. Complete required reports promptly and accurately.
3. Accept responsibilities outside the classroom as they relate to the school.
4. Assume responsibility for care of materials, equipment and facilities.
5. Assume responsibility for a neat, safe environment for students committed to the teacher's care.
6. Practice and promote positive interaction with and among students.
7. Demonstrate enthusiasm for learning.
8. Demonstrate interest in students.
9. Encourage self-direction and self-motivation in students.
10. Adapt and adjust instructional presentation of subject content to students' needs and interests.
11. Maintain and organized program of instruction based on effective long-range plans.
12. Exhibit evidence of effective lessor planning.
13. Utilize a variety of appropriate materials and resources.
14. Communicate the lesson objective and its importance to students.
15. Utilize appropriate and varied teaching techniques and leaning activities both in class and out of class.
16. Maintain an effective system of monitoring student progress and to inform appropriate persons of such progress.
17. Maintain a clean, neat appearance, appropriate to position
18. Adhere to guidelines of confidentiality as outlined in federal and state laws and School Board Policies and Procedures.
19. Maintain a record of appropriate attendance and punctuality.
20. Serve as an optimal role model for students, colleagues, and the general public.
21. Must work in close harmony with colleagues, supervisors, and co-workers
22. Comply with all district and school policies and regulations.
23. Perform other duties as assigned.
Evaluated by: Principal or appropriate Supervisor/Director.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Terms of Employment: 10 months in accordance with the Stafford County School Board calendar.
Evaluation: Evaluation will be conducted in accordance with School Board Policies and Regulations.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Stafford County Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Virginia. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Stafford County Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job