Detroit Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Day Trade - Construction Trades Teacher **To Establish an Eligibility Pool***
Location: Central Hub - Randolph CTC
Salary Range: $35,683.00 - $56,098.00 (annually)
In accordance with the Agreement between Detroit Federation of Teachers and the Board of Education of the School District of the City of Detroit, the following vacancy is announced.
Special Note: Successful candidate with sufficient preparation beyond the Masterís Degree may be eligible for the advanced salary differential.
Benefits Eligibility: Successful candidates will be eligible for medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage, as well as illness and vacation days.
Reports to: Career/Technical Center Director (or Designee)
Overview The DPS is seeking a highly qualified individual for the position of Day Trade Instructor - Construction at Randolph Vocational Center. Applicants should be motivated and possess excellent organizational and people skills. Applicants should also be interested in training young people to be tomorrow's engineering aspirants. Randolph Vocational Center provides state of the art equipment in a real-world environment and is committed to academic excellence.
Education Must possess and provide evidence of a minimum of Bachelorís degree and valid Michigan Interim Occupation Education, Occupation Education Certificate, or Full Vocational Authorization appropriate for the vocational content of the teaching assignment. Valid License(s) required by the industry.
Experience In the event that there is no successful candidate available who holds a valid Michigan (Interim) Occupation Education Certificate, candidate must have a minimum of four (4) years or 8000 hours of related work experience in construction trades. Two years 4000 hours must be within six (6) years of application. Competency-based curriculum development experience desired. The right candidate must be student-focused and foster a positive student-learning environment. Candidate will assess student learning.
- Maintain current and/or applicable Construction Trade license(s) in State of Michigan or a Post-Secondary School Certification, or Apprenticeship training.
- Experience in the construction field with emphasis in residential, commercial, and industrial applications.
- Candidates must possess an understanding of applicable concepts, principles, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to read blueprints or schematic drawings
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and accept changes in job duties
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of construction, types of skills trades theory and applications
- Must have experience with repair, installations, replacement, and testing of construction materials and production methods
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook.
Position Job Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Career/Technical Center Director, the Day Trade Teacher Ė Construction Trades will:
- Develops and teaches competency-based curriculum to provide classroom theory and laboratory application. Facilitates assessment projects.
- Utilizes teaching techniques consistent with the research on characteristics of effective teaching.
- Builds good interpersonal relationships and establishes positive rapport with students and colleagues.
- Establishes student success as a primary teaching goal and provide opportunities for all students to experience success.
- Promotes academic achievement for all students, including advising, and may include travel.
- Monitors and keeps accurate records of student classroom effort and homework providing the most efficient use of academic learning time.
- Establishes a learning climate that promotes the orderly behavior of all students while maintaining the dignity and positive self-concept of each student.
- Provides for the well-being, health and safety of all students.
- Adheres to the direction of and responds to administrative supervision.
- Seeks out and participates in professional staff growth experiences.
- Utilizes the community as a learning resource and as an extension of the classroom for students.
- Updates and utilizes latest construction technology.
- Work closely with an advisory committee in planning the training to meet changing demands in industry; update instructional procedures to include new technological practices and knowledge.
- Maintains and facilitates industry advisory board.
- Requisition materials in accordance with Centerís policies and maintain an accurate inventory of construction supplies and equipment.
- Fulfill other duties and responsibilities as required by the director or his/her designee.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Detroit Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Michigan. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Detroit Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job