Green Bay Area Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Turnaround Principal - Secondary
Location: Washington Middle School
Start Date: As Soon as Possible
Salary/Wage: Competitive salary and benefit package
Terms/Schedule: 12-month position; follows the District Employee Handbook
Description: The Green Bay Area Public School Districtís mission is to educate all students to be college, career and community ready, inspired to succeed in our diverse world. District priorities are academic excellence, personalized pathways, engagement and a thriving workforce.
The Green Bay Area Public School District is actively searching for experienced school leaders who are passionately committed to improving educational options for urban students and who are prepared to take on the challenging work of systemic school change. The ideal candidate will have had successful experience creating strong school cultures and academic programs clearly focused on improving teaching practice and measurable student achievement gains. Successful candidates must demonstrate that they are instructionally strong, confident administrators who can provide decisive management and vigorous leadership through the change process.
The Turnaround Principal will have primary responsibility for establishing a school culture with a focus on student engagement, professional support for teachers, instructional practices that lead to dramatic academic progress, and measurable results.
The successful candidate will have:
- A passionate belief in the capacity of all children to learn and succeed, and a sense of urgency about making that a reality for all students being served.
- Demonstrated success in raising student achievement.
- Experience working effectively with urban schools, students and families, and community partners to build student academic proficiency.
- A deep understanding of the teaching and learning process and how to create high-performance learning environments.
- A personal sense of accountability around student academic progress carried out through relentless professional development of staff and evaluation of teachers.
- An ability to motivate faculty and help them use data to inform instructional decisions as partners, resulting in a learning-centered school culture.
- Consensus building, strategic and collaborative management skills, including the ability to manage the complex turnaround process at the school building level.
Competencies Specific to the Successful Turnaround Principal:
In order to achieve dramatic change in a persistently struggling school, research suggests that a principal needs to demonstrate specific competencies and willingness to engage in specific action steps that are different from the work that would be done at an already high-performing school. The successful turnaround principal will:
- Be driven to create a premier school and understand the concrete steps needed to get there.
- Have the interpersonal skills to motivate and influence others to accomplish goals.
- Exhibit self-confidence and resolve in decision-making and leadership.
- Define both high-priority goals that get immediate results and a long-term strategy for success.
- Be willing to make the changes needed that may be in opposition to the schoolís cultural norms and existing practices.
- Be a problem-solver who allows for an open exchange of data and results among staff.
- Align human resources to school needs, setting high expectations and effectively managing all school employees to meet school goals.
- Engage in constant personal learning, including the need to learn and adapt when faced with challenges and successes.
- Exhibit relentless focus on student achievement in the face of challenges and obstacles.
Qualifications Required: - Masterís Degree
- Five years of classroom teaching or related experience
- Building- or district-level administrative experience
- Evidence of successful instructional leadership
Preference will be given to candidates with experience and proven success leading and/or being part of a leadership team who has turned around a school.
Years of Experience: 5
Licenses: - Principal
Additional Requirements: - Custom Questions
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Green Bay Area Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Wisconsin. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Green Bay Area Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job