Cedar Rapids Community Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Site Leader - Before or After School Tutoring Program
Location: Taylor Elementary School
Summary: The Cedar Rapids Community School District Before or After School Tutoring Program, is intended for students experiencing difficulty in meeting the district’s curricular standards, which are aligned with the Iowa Core Curriculum, in reading and mathematics. The program is an extension of the CRCSD curriculum and will be focused on supporting individual student needs. Collaboration between CRCSD teachers and this programs’ teachers will allow for a seamless approach to learning for students.
The Cedar Rapids Community School District is seeking teachers for the Before or After School Tutoring Program. Expectations include, but are not limited to utilizing best practices in mathematics and reading instruction, and assessments that are aligned with the Cedar Rapids Student Learning Expectations and the Iowa Core Curriculum in order to accelerate student achievement growth for participating students.
The Teacher: o Provides instruction, beyond their contract day, to identified students in a small group setting in reading and/or math
o Demonstrates knowledge and expertise in working with struggling learners
o Utilizes researched best practices in instruction, assessment, and curriculum
• Communicates with parents/guardians regarding student progress in a supportive and positive manner.
• Collaborates with other building staff and Before or After School Tutoring Program staff including the Site Leader and/or instructional coach
• Communicates/collaborates with the students’ classroom teacher
• Maintains appropriate records and protects the confidentiality of data
• Meets the eight Iowa Teaching Standards
• Demonstrates best teaching practices in the area of mathematics and reading content, assessment, and instruction.
• Gathers appropriate data and provides information to appropriate District staff
• Works with the building administrator, Program Site Leader, and/or instructional coach to secure substitute teacher in their absence.
Compensation: $30 per hour
Term: Immediately - May 15, 2018
Qualification: - Certified staff currently working at school site preferred
- Experience in classroom teaching in K-5th grade required
- Reading endorsement preferred
- Title I teaching experience preferred
- Highly Qualified Teacher as identified by the “No Child Left - Behind Act” (NCLB). For a teacher to be highly qualified they must have:
- Full state certification or licensure
- Evidence of a knowledge base in reading and math
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Cedar Rapids Community Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Iowa. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Cedar Rapids Community Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job