The Cooperating Teacher (8 weeks) will work collaboratively with the Cedar Rapids Community School District Teacher Leadership Team, District Administration, and teaching staff to support teachers and assure that we deliver on the District Vision of Every Learner: Future Ready.
Supervised by: Building Administrator
Position Summary: These positions provide students from a College of Education with experience in a setting in which the student teacher will learn to apply methods, skills and standards of a licensed teaching professional.
# of Positions:
100 (extra duty only)
Amount of Teacher Leader Service:
Additional hours outside of the contract day accompany this position
During (or prior to start of each session) - 2 hours of online learning (via Canvas Course) required only if the professional learning module for Cooperating Teacher has not been completed previously
Professional learning @ $25.00/hour
Compensation provided by Cooperating College/University
Job Requirements: - Standard Iowa Teaching License with five years of teaching experience with at least three years of experience in the Cedar Rapids Community School District (preferred).
- A commitment to supporting the growth of others and the belief that adult learning is essential to student learning.
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of effective teaching, leadership and communications
- Broad knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with colleagues
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and organizational skills
Essential Job Elements: - Develops trusting and reflective professional partnerships with student teachers.
- Provides instruction which is reflective of research-based best practices.
- Provides regular feedback to student teachers regarding observations, lesson design, and progress.
- Provides school-based curricular, instructional, and classroom-based assessment support for the purpose of resolving learning issues and/or implementing school improvement plans in conformance with established guidelines.
- Demonstrates teaching techniques for the purpose of providing effective strategies to improve student success.
- Reflects on instructional practices as a means of improving teaching and learning for all students.
Measures of Effectiveness and Professional Growth: - All Teacher Leader Positions will be evaluated annually in an effort to provide opportunities for the teacher to reflect upon his/her practice and administration to provide feedback to enhance professional growth.
- CRCSD evaluation procedure will be used.
- TLS rubric identifying levels of development will be used to monitor growth and determine if the teacher leader is performing at a satisfactory level to continue in the teacher leader role.
- Personal Reflection on professional growth in relation to essential job elements.
- Meets or exceeds all performance targets.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Cedar Rapids Community Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Iowa. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Cedar Rapids Community Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job