Shelby County Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Instructional Curriculum Coach
Location: Ridgeway High School
Purpose and Scope: The primary function of the position within the organization is to provide essential leadership for a school?s entire Literacy, Math, or Science program. The position is charged with expertise in reading and writing across content areas, communication, and instructional organization. The Instructional Curriculum Coach organizes and leads a team that develops literacy, math, or science plans for a school, guides teachers in embedding instructional strategies, analyzes data related to student mastery, and coordinates intervention and support for students.
Essential Job Functions: 1. Supports teachers through conferences, observations, feedback, and analysis of student results, demonstration lessons, curriculum implementation, team teaching and instructional best practices.
2. Shares effective instructional strategies with teachers both individually and through in-service workshops; assist with unit and lesson planning, observes teachers in the classroom as requested by principals; makes recommendations for improvement in performance as appropriate; offers advice and assistance as needed.
3. Assists teachers and school administrators in meeting identified goals in instruction; maintains on-going communication with teachers, school leadership as appropriate.
4. Collaborates with teachers to build a knowledge base of core content areas and repertoire of teaching skills to improve student achievement.
5. Keeps abreast of developments in curriculum, instruction, educational/content area research and assist in determining their appropriateness for implementation at the school level.
6. Analyzes state and district assessment data to help target professional development needs; designs, plans and implements school and individual-level professional development opportunities addressing instructional content, curriculum, instructional methods, and assessment in the classroom.
7. Organizes and facilitates a team that reviews assessment data and develops long-term literacy, math, or science plan for a school. Organizes and facilitates grade level teams, teacher leaders, or curriculum focus group sessions.
8. Communicates instructional best practices with school leadership to provide maximum teacher effectiveness.
9. Leads analysis of data related to student achievement in Literacy, Math, or Science and supports staff in using this data in instructional decision making.
10. Prepares weekly logs and/or reports documenting activities to support the improvement of teaching and learning at assigned school(s). Compiles data for and prepares various statistical, administrative and professional reports as required.
11. Attends training, conferences, workshops and meetings as appropriate to enhance job knowledge and skills.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
Minimum Qualifications: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Master?s Degree in Education, Curriculum and Instruction or other relevant field of study and requires an endorsement in the content area directly related to area of assignment; requires four (4) years of classroom experience related to the area of assignment and a valid state of Tennessee teacher licensure certification.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of Memphis City Schools curriculum, instructional goals, procedures, and practices in field of specialization In-depth knowledge of Literacy, Math, or Science and principles of effective instruction from advance Literacy, Math, or Science coursework in content and instruction Knowledge of growth and development and learning theory in Literacy, Mathematics, or Science. Skill in assessment and evaluation of students with special needs or in special programs Skill in teaching adult learners Ability to manage curriculum development, in-service training, and related activities and provide a high level of instructional leadership for teachers and administrators Excellent human relations skills and ability to establish and maintain successful cooperative working relationship with appropriate school communities, and school-based and central office staffs Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Shelby County Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Tennessee. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Shelby County Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job