Fort Wayne Community Schoolsis seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Location: Secondary - Area Office
Description: This is starting the 2018 - 2019 school year.
Administrator - Year Round
Plan, organize, control and direct operations and activities related to high school student athletics and related programs, sports teams, coaching functions, practices and competitive sports events; coordinate and direct communications, schedules and promotional functions to meet student athletic needs and assure smooth and efficient athletic activities; supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel.
This position may be filled prior to the posting close date.
Salary: $44,117.00 - $91,628.00
Areas of Certification: Administration
Additional Job Information: 1. Plan, organize, control and direct operations and activities related to high school student athletics and related programs, sports teams, coaching functions, practices and competitive sports events; direct, administer and coordinate the activities of the Athletics department in accordance with the policies, goals and objectives established by the FWCS Board of School Trustees; assure compliance with IHSAA rules and regulations.
2. Coordinate and direct communications, schedules and promotional functions to meet student athletic needs and assure smooth and efficient athletic activities; oversee the development and implementation of athletic and sports team functions, activities, plans, strategies, goals and objectives.
3. Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; interview and recommend candidates for coaching and assistant coaching positions; coordinate subordinate work assignments and review work to assure compliance with established guidelines and procedures.
4. Coordinate and direct the planning, development and implementation of District-wide athletic schedules and calendars; confer with school site administrators and staff concerning athletic programs, schedules, calendars and related concerns; modify schedules and calendars to meet school site needs as appropriate.
5. Supervise high school-wide competitive sports events and athletic functions; direct and assure proper preparation of high school facilities for games or other athletic events; coordinate activities and personnel to assure proper preparation, set-up and clean-up of materials and equipment used in practices and sport events.
6. Direct and participate in monitoring academic progress of student athletes to assure compliance with established requirements; coordinate personnel and communications to promote student academic progress, achievement and post high school educational opportunities; assure student awareness of NCAA standards and testing opportunities.
7. Develop and implement promotional activities and publicity events and functions to facilitate and enhance student and community knowledge of and participation in athletic programs, events and activities; oversee and participate in the preparation and distribution of promotional and informational materials and correspondence.
8. Assure adequate facility, equipment and personnel levels to meet FWCS and State standards and requirements for athletic programs; monitor, evaluate and initiate recruitment activities in response to coaching needs.
9. Develop and prepare the annual preliminary budget for the Athletics department; analyze and review budgetary and financial data; control and authorize expenditures in accordance with established limitations; oversee and assure accurate processing and updating of accounts with revenue and expenditures.
10. Provide technical direction and assistance to athletic personnel, administrators, school staff and other regarding athletic activities and sports events; respond to inquires and provide technical information concerning related rules, regulations, standards, schedules, guidelines, terminology, techniques, principles, theories, practices and procedures.
11. Direct and participate in the preparation and maintenance of a variety of reports, records and files related to athletic programs, student athletes, financial activity, personnel and assigned duties; oversee and assure proper distribution, collection and completion of code of ethics, medical and other required student forms.
12. Provide technical information and assistance to the High School Principal regarding athletic programs, sports teams, and related issues, needs and activities; assist in the formulation and development of policies, procedures and programs.
13. Plan, coordinate, attend and conduct a variety of meetings concerning athletic programs and activities as assigned.
14. Perform related duties as assigned by the Administrator to meet the particular needs of the building/unit.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear. The employee is required to have dexterity of hands and fingers. The employee is required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. They may be occasionally required to bend at the waist, kneel or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job the incumbent is seated or walking at will and has limited physical labor.
Qualifications: Any combination equivalent to: bachelor's degree and graduate courses needed to meet educational licensing requirements and five years increasingly responsible coaching or related experience working with scholastic athletic programs. Must have strong planning, administrative, supervisory, analytical, computer, organizational, accountability, and oral and written communications skills. Incumbents must possess knowledge of the comprehensive organization, operations, policies and objectives of assigned department or area. Incumbents must possess an Indiana Administration and Supervision certification. Incumbents must possess a valid Indiana driver's license.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Fort Wayne Community Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Indiana. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Fort Wayne Community Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job