Elk Grove Unified School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Vice Principal Eligibility Pool - Elementary School
Location: Elk Grove Unified School District, PreK - 6 Education, 9510 Elk Grove - Florin Road, Elk Grove, CA 95624
Length of Work Year: 210 paid work days
Salary: Traditional / Modified Traditional - $83,477 - $104,669 annually / Year Round $92,908 - $116,494 annually (placement based on experience - maximum placement - Step 6)
Class Title: VICE PRINCIPAL-ELEMENTARY
Basic Function: Under the direction of a Principal, organize, coordinate and administer assigned programs and activities related to student discipline, attendance and instruction at an assigned traditional or year-round elementary school (K-6); assist the Principal with administrative duties involving student conduct, curriculum development and school plant operations as assigned; supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel.
Essential Functions: Plan, organize, coordinate and participate in programs and activities related to the operation of an assigned elementary school, including instruction, student discipline and other programs; enforce applicable State and District codes, policies and laws; administer District and school site discipline policies and safety programs.
Perform a variety of administrative duties to assist the Principal in managing the school; assume the duties of the Principal as assigned.
Supervise and evaluate the performance of designated certificated and/or classified personnel; assign duties to faculty and staff as appropriate to meet school objectives; assist with recruiting, interviewing and selecting new faculty and staff.
Develop and administer disciplinary procedures in accordance with District policies and State laws; receive referrals and confer with students, parents, teachers and community agencies; respond to and resolve parent, student and staff complaints; serve on discipline or expulsion panels as assigned.
Supervise students on campus before and after school; monitor students during lunch, recess and other activities; discipline students according to established guidelines.
Establish, coordinate and maintain communication with community and parent groups; attend and conduct a variety of meetings and events; develop correspondence to promote school activities and achievements.
Monitor and organize attendance functions; prepare letters and call parents as needed regarding absent or tardy students.
Provide direction to a variety of faculty, staff and student programs and services; participate in informal and formal classroom visitations and observations; provide recommendations and suggestions as appropriate.
Provide direction to the school's guidance and counseling services, school attendance issues and plant maintenance; assure programs and services meet established objectives and requirements.
Assure the health, safety and welfare of students.
Operate a computer and other office equipment as assigned.
Assist with monitoring the school budget; order supplies as needed.
Prepare and maintain a variety of District, County, State and federally-mandated records and reports regarding student attendance, discipline, cumulative records and academic achievement.
Perform related duties as assigned.
Demonstrated Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge Of: - Comprehensive organization, activities, goals and objectives of an assigned elementary school.
- School law administration, applicable sections of the State Education Code and other applicable laws.
- Instructional standards and faculty requirements.
- Board and District policies, procedures and regulations.
- Principles and practices of administration, supervision and training.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Basic computer operation.
Ability To: - Organize, coordinate and administer assigned programs and activities related to student discipline, attendance and instruction at an assigned elementary school.
- Assist the Principal with administrative duties involving student conduct, curriculum development and school plant operations as assigned.
- Direct, evaluate and supervise assigned certificated and/or classified staff.
- Oversee activities regarding personnel, the physical plant, student services and activities, curriculum and instruction.
- Prepare and deliver oral presentations.
- Establish, coordinate and maintain communication with community and parent groups.
- Assist with the implementation, evaluation and modification of instructional and categorical programs in accordance with applicable laws.
- Plan and organize work.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Complete work with many interruptions.
- Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Hear and speak to exchange information and make presentations.
- See to monitor students and read a variety of materials.
- Move hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Bend at the waist, kneel or crouch.
Education and Experience Required: - Any combination equivalent to: bachelor's degree and three years of classroom experience.
Licenses and Other Requirements: - California Teaching or other relevant Credential.
- California Administrative Credential.
- Valid California Class C driver's license.
Working Conditions: Environment: - Office environment.
- Constant interruptions.
- Driving a vehicle to conduct work.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Elk Grove Unified may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of California. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Elk Grove Unified in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job