Applications due April 3, 2018 for first round review – apply through our posting on Schoolspring.
Sizer School, a small 7-12 charter school in Fitchburg, MA, seeks a passionate, experienced leader to implement and sustain best practices for curriculum, instruction, and assessment; support staff, students, and families; and continue to build a positive, collaborative environment.
The Principal is responsible for school leadership including daily oversight of all academic programs and activities. The Principal works collaboratively with the Executive Director, faculty, and other staff to ensure the school’s success in educating students, supporting students, staff, and families, and achieving the school’s academic goals. The Principal supervises the teaching staff.
• Was co-founded by Ted Sizer, of the Coalition of Essential Schools
• Is in its 16th year of operation and has successfully completed three charter renewals
• Has been acknowledged for successful efforts in helping to close achievement gaps
• Has been at the forefront of efforts and programs to offer a safe and supportive learning environment for students
• Supports the Principal to focus on teaching and learning
• Leadership: Belief in Sizer and its mission; ability to “see the big picture” and develop goals accordingly; facility with data and an understanding of its uses and limitations; ability to work in a fast paced environment; model flexible thinking and lead proactively; ability to create, motivate, and lead highly effective teams;
• Relationships: Demonstrated ability and desire to cultivate and sustain positive relationships with students, staff, and families;
• High Quality Instruction: Thorough understanding of innovative, rigorous, and engaging curriculum, instruction, and assessment; demonstrated ability to support staff to implement best practices;
• Facilitation and Organization: Experience and ability to manage complex change; highly organized; excellent facilitation skills;
• Communication: Ability to communicate effectively and consistently with families, staff, Board of Trustees, community, and other stakeholders;
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Sizer School may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Massachusetts. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Sizer School in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job