Round Rock Independent School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Substitute Licensed Vocational Nurse
Location: Health Services
Job Title: Licensed Vocational Nurse Substitute
Evaluation Type: Non-Exempt
Pay Grade: Substitute
Supervisor: Director, Health Services
Basic Function & Responsibility: Promote, support and maintain the health and safety of students and faculty/staff to include the physical and emotional well-being of the individual for the purpose of providing an environment conducive to effective learning under the supervision of the Health Services Director or School Registered Nurse.
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities: The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities noted herein; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
Student Support: - Provide temporary and emergency care for sick and injured students, faculty/staff members according to District policy and procedures.
- Secure medical care for students according to District policy and procedures if parents or emergency contacts cannot be reached.
- Promote maximum student attendance by early recognition and treatment of communicable diseases.
- Assess student and staff health needs.
- Assist in resolving parent/student issues and concerns in a timely manner.
- Assist in managing student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
Support of Administrative, Fiscal and/or Facilities Functions: - Coordinate a system of administration and management of medications given at school and administer medications according to Round Rock ISD policy and procedures.
- Prepare paperwork for reimbursement for treatment and services for Special Education students on Medicaid.
- Report potential health/safety hazards in school to the principal.
- Maintain confidentiality of student records.
- Provide assistance to campuses/departments as requested.
Organization Improvement: - Work collaboratively to improve programs.
- Maintain current communication with Principal and Health Services Director regarding health problems and related matters.
Professional Growth and Development: - Participate in professional development that increases effectiveness and improves District performance.
School/Community Relations: - Interact positively with employees and the community to provide needed information and to promote the District in a favorable manner.
- Provide health counseling, teaching and treatment on an individual basis to students, families and staff.
- Refer students and families to appropriate social agencies for assistance in meeting personal needs.
Organization Morale: - Participate in team building activities and the decision-making process as appropriate.
- Communicate and collaborate with campus/department staff to enhance service delivery and customer satisfaction.
Other Responsibilities: - Comply with policies established by federal and state law, including but not limited to State Board of Education and local Board policy.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Supervision Exercised: None
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: - Knowledge of Texas Education Agency rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Knowledge of basic first aid and training in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Skill in communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Skill in operating standard computer and software applications, including but not limited to electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentations.
- Skill in health counseling.
- Skill in emergency first-aid.
- Skill in Advanced Cardiac Life Support.
- Skill in using specialized medical equipment.
- Ability to make independent decisions based on complex information.
Entry Qualifications: Valid Texas Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) license issued by the Texas Board of Nursing and CPR certification.
Physical & Mental Demands: - Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- Travel district wide occasionally.
- Lift, move, and/or restrain up to 50lbs.
- Sit, walk, stand, stoop, and bend frequently.
Environmental Factors: - Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Work environment may involve exposure to potentially dangerous materials, situations that require following extensive safety precautions, and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Work environment may involve biological exposure to blood pathogens, bodily fluids and waste, and other communicable diseases.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Round Rock Independent School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Texas. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Round Rock Independent School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job