Aspen School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
7th and 8th Grade Mathematics Teacher
Location: Aspen Community School
Job Description: Aspen Community School is a charter school of the Aspen School District and is seeking a full-time, 7-8 grade teacher, with a math specialization, to begin duties the 2018-19 academic year.
Reports to: School Principal
Terms of Employment: 9-month certified
Work Schedule: As per teaching assignment in keeping with Aspen Community School, 9 month teachersí work calendar
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Qualifications: A Bachelors or Masterís Degree
A current Colorado Teaching License with secondary endorsement
Current First Aid/CPR Certification
Position Summary: Seventh and Eighth grade teacher with a primary focus on mathematics.
The successful candidate for this position will: - Establish a safe, respectful learning environment for all students.
- Possess a current Colorado initial or professional teacher license with an endorsement in middle school math education.
- Demonstrate ability to integrate Colorado State Content Standards and Aspen Community School expectations for academic excellence, relevance and relationship building.
- Facilitate learning for all students using a variety of research based instructional methods for both academic and social emotional education.
- Demonstrate ability to use a variety of assessments to track student learning and inform instruction.
- Demonstrate an ability to self-reflect in order to improve teaching practices and strategies.
- Demonstrate leadership by collaborating with colleagues and the school community.
- Have a strong desire to extend learning experiences beyond the classroom including outdoor education and community service.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively differentiate instruction and incorporate multi-sensory, experiential based strategies in the classroom.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate with parents.
Primary Location: Aspen Community School
Salary Range: Salary
Shift Type: Full-Time
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Aspen School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Colorado. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Aspen School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job